Monday, October 20, 2014

Weekend Wrap-Up: Fall Festival Fun

On Saturday we decided to try a fall festival at a plant nursery near our house. They advertised free food and fun for kids. You can't beat that!
Our first stop was for hotdogs, chips, and lemonade. 
 The food was definitely hit. Sophie couldn't get enough. There is just something special about a hotdog on the grill.
 It didn't take long to notice the big slide. I wasn't sure Sadie would actually do it because it was so tall but she was fearless. I think this girl is going to be one who loves thrill rides. It kind of surprises me, based on her personality, but she loves to ride just about anything.
 She slid down it at least 100 times. Ok, maybe not that many but if felt like a hundred.
 We were able to talk her in to trying the bouncy house. She loves these too but she stayed closed to the side the entire time. I was ok with that because there are some rough kids in these things. Here she is giving daddy a kiss.
 And here she is flashing mommy a smile. I just love her.
Well look here! If is isn't Queen Elsa painting faces and a sweet Sophie photo-bomb. Poor Soph, she sat in her stroller the entire time. There wasn't much for her to do except run around and be crazy. Too many people were there for her to run free.
 My little hog fan picked a razorback for her face. Cuteness.
 
 Our next stop was at the play area. Sadie had to try out the swings.
 This girl loves to swing and slide. I hope we can figure out a way to get something similar in our yard. It is sloped which makes it a bit challenging.
 If we are able to find something I don't know if I will ever get her off it.
 Sophie-girl did have fun too. She was fine just to take it all in.
 Of course, we couldn't leave without visiting the big slide one more again. We told her she could slide three more times.
 Here she is actually climbing up to slide. Like I said, fearless. I'm not sure I would have done it.
Her last two slides she decided to be a rebel and go down on her tummy. Such a rule-breaker.
 
We had a lot of fun at the Fall Festival. Thank you, Good Earth. We will definitely be back next year.


0 comments: