Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Memorial Day Weekend

We had a great Memorial Day Weekend at our house. Lots of family time and I'm pretty sure there is nothing better. I took lots of pictures (on my phone, of course) so here it goes...



Started things off with a little something sweet on Saturday. Yum!


Sunday we got ready and went to church. Our church has a picnic every year and Sadie had a blast.






She preferred playing on the playground instead of eating her lunch.


Then her daddy took her to see the horses. They were a big hit.



She wasn't the least bit afraid of them. I was a little surprised.



After naps we went to Jules and Big Dog's house and of course she had to blow bubbles.



Monday morning we celebrated my birthday with a family trip to the zoo. Sadie kept saying she was "so happy at the zoo." That made my momma heart happy.









We wore this baby out and headed home for naps. After naps it was time for snow comes. The first one of the season is always the best!


Then we went to Jules and Big Dog's house for my birthday dinner.



Burgers, Paula Deen's fried okra salad, and cheese dip.



And for dessert, strawberry shortcake.

I am so thankful for my family and the quality time we spent together. We are given that freedom by the many who have served our country and fought to give us such a blessing. For that I will forever be thankful.

3 comments:

Sara said...

That cheese dip looks good! Do you have the recipe?

Unknown said...

Great shots.Loved them all.

Twitter manager Australia

JMCR FOUNDATION said...

The dessert looks yummie..:)
christian websites