Monday, August 27, 2012

Beach Trip Cut Short

I've been looking forward to this week for a while now. A vacation with Josh, Sadie, and my mom at our favorite Orange Beach, AL is just what I needed. It was going to be the 4 of us then an unwelcome visitor threatened to show up. You may have heard of him, Tropical Storm/Hurricane Isaac. We knew when we left he might be a problem but we wanted to give it a shot. Up until today at 10:00 AM we had planned to stay in a hotel and wait for him to pass. That would have been fine except for the 20 something inches of rain forecasted. Yowza. We discussed our options and just decides it would be best to head home. Luckily we have another trip planned in a few months to help ease the pain. Honestly I'm really ok about it. We had a great couple of days. Plus our vacation plans falling through are nothing compared to the storm itself people are about to deal with.

Anyway, here is a phone recap of our trip. More pictures will come later.



























Praying for all the people who will be impacted by Mr. Isaac.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Sad for you to have had to cut your vacay short, but glad y'all are safe!

Anonymous said...

I found your blog from Kelly's Korner. I live in Gulf Shores and we are ready for Isaac! I hate that it cut so many people's vacation short! So far it's not too bad. This is our 1st hurricane. We moved down here last summer. I hope you plan to come back! Maybe at the beginning of the summer so a hurricane won't run you out :)
http://thebiggslife-kristy.blogspot.com/

Becca said...

Sadie is such a cutie pie! So cute in her little white dress on the beach. I'm glad that you all made it back safe and are planning another trip later this year.

The Cheramies said...

So sorry your trip was cut short. I live in South MS and we lost everything in Katrina. But we are ready and waiting for Isaac.

Jill said...

I hate that your vacay was cut short. So thankful you get to go back soon!!

Sadie's pics are just adorable. Shame she has zero personality. ;)

Memoirs of Me & Mine said...

Looks like you all had fun anyways!

I love beach trips.

http://www.memoirsofmeandmine.com/