Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Old Friends New Friends

A couple of weekends ago I was finally able to meet Sadie's newest friend Lily Beth. Lily Beth's mommy, Holly, and I have known each other for a LONG time. We actually met in the first grade and since I'm about to be 32 *gasp* that was quite a few years ago. I have been looking forward to holding this sweet baby for weeks. Sadie was excited to meet her as well.

Lily Beth is so sweet and SO TALL!
Look at her adorable long legs? I loved them! Her daddy is rather tall so there is no question where she got her height. Other than her long legs though she is so little. I was smitten with her right away.
I was willing to trade her for Sadie (just for the day) but her momma and daddy wouldn't go for it. I don't know why not. Maybe because my child was having to be followed around like a hawk while she helped herself to whatever caught her eye.
This picture is my favorite. Goodness!
Here Sadie is telling us about the "baby" and Lily is praying the Lord has mercy on her and keeps that monster in blue away from her.
Sadie loves babies but babies don't always love her. It was best Lily got a view of Sadie from the safety of her mother's lap.
There is obviously a very large age difference between these two now but I know the gap will close soon and they will be buds. I just hope Sadie doesn't try to boss Lily Beth around like I did her momma when we were little.
 I have a bad feeling about it though...

3 comments:

Laurie said...

I am laughing at your story of Sadie and Lilly!

Blue-Eyed Bride said...

I just had to comment to say how stinking cute and sweet Sadie is. I just want to give her a big squeeze! Love this age!

Anonymous said...

So fun to see Sadie & Lily Beth together!!