Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Gotta Try It

I have several posts I need to publish on the blog but I only have a minute right now. I've wanted to tell you all about two "recipes" I've become obsessed with.

Have you ever had a brownie made in a mug in the microwave? Oh my goodness. I had heard of this being done before so I decided to google it one night just to see if I had the ingredients. I did. I've re-named these "Weekend Only Microwave Mug Brownies" because they are so dangerous they need limitations.



Here is the recipe. You can thank me later.


There is another recipe we are obsessed with at my house. We make these ALL THE TIME. My mom is the culprit for these but you can ultimately blame Pinterest.


Have you tried the Alabama fire crackers? You should. You really, really should. They are addicting and oh so A-MA-ZING. We changed it up a bit based on the comments. We use oyster crackers instead of saltines and sometimes we use Italian dressing instead of ranch. We've made and loved both but I think the Italian dressing is the overall favorite. It seems to hold its own with the THREE TABLESPOONS of red pepper flakes.



I like to believe all the spice speeds up my metabolism. I'm going to need a fast metabolism to burn off the brownies.

4 comments:

The Mommy said...

I have made the Mug Brownies two times this week with my girls (2&5). They are AMAZING! I homeschool, so I'm trying to pretend that measuring helps us out with first grade math.

Faith said...

I had the brownie last weekend after "one of those days". Oh. My. Word. Amazing!!! Thanks for sharing it with us =)

The Lowery Family said...

did you use the amount of oil that the recipe called for? or did you adjust it? it looked like some people used less, and was wondering what you thought. sounds like a great super bowl snack!

Jill said...

I'm just seeing this recipe...definitely going to try the brownie in a mug! Thanks for sharing!