Friday, July 1, 2011

Sweet Day

Josh, Sadie, and I made it back home today after a short trip to Tennessee. My Nanny passed away earlier this week so we went to be with family. I will post more about that later. I don't have the energy for that post right now.


This post is so I can remember the sweet day I've had with Sadie. First of all she was a champ throughout the entire 7 hours it took us to get home. She slept most of it but when she was awake she was so happy and playful.

When we got home Josh had to hurry to church so it was just us girls. I enjoyed her so much today. I enjoy her all the time but today was especially sweet. I put her down for a nap in her crib and I rested too. We were both worn out. Soon it was time to wake up to eat but neither of us wanted to. After I fed her she was so cozy and cuddled up that I couldn't stand the thought of trying to keep her awake. Instead I held her and we both napped a while again. I love when she sleeps on me. She purred and sighed and I just wanted to kiss her face off.

After our nap I laid her on a quilt to let her stretch out. She laughed and cooed and watched the fan. She even did great during tummy time. And guess what?? She rolled over for the first time! She actually rolled over 3 times. I wanted to make sure it wasn't a fluke. :) I'm so proud of my big girl.

Soon it was time to eat. After she finished I put her in my lap and we had the best time. She talked and laughed out loud for the longest. I just couldn't put her down. I didn't want to miss a second with her. The rest of the evening was about the same and I enjoyed it so much. I hugged her and kissed her more times than I can count.

It's days like today when I actually stop what I'm doing and realize just how much I love my little girl. I'm so blessed to be her momma. Not all days will be as sweet but every day I know I will love her more and more.

3 comments:

waikikimum said...

So sorry for you and your family's loss but glad you had a beautiful day with your precious little girl.

Jill said...

I was praying she would do well during the trip...so happy to hear she did! Loved reading this post...you're enjoying the simple things with your baby girl - which tend to be the most precious, in my opinion.

Continuing to pray for your family. If you need anything - please let me know.

((HUGS))

Katie said...

Hillary, I'm so sorry about your Nanny.

I'm glad you and Sadie had a sweet day. I have to remind myself to stop and soak it all in many days. I don't want any time to rush by!