Monday, July 4, 2011

MY God IS Faithful



If we are faithless, he remains faithful, for he cannot disown himself


2 Timothy 2:13


It's true. The Bible says so. Even when we have no faith God is still faithful. What we believe or don't believe doesn't change WHO He is. He's faithful. Period.



My whole life I've experienced God's faithfulness. Sometimes I recognize it and other times I'm too busy to pay any attention to it. What a shame on my part.


I've been seeking and praying for some specific things for a long time now. I've enlisted the prayers of faithful friends as well. I admit that sometimes I prayed without truly believing He would answer. Again, what a shame on my part. Lucky for me God is faithful.


Now to Him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us...


Ephesians 3:20




He IS ABLE. It's true. The Bible says so. God has shown up big time for me, once again. Today was my first day back to work after my maternity leave...and...I gave my letter of resignation. God has made a way, like only He can, for me to be able to quit. I never dreamed it was possible. I hoped it was possible but I'm not sure I really believed it. Shame on me again. The bible clearly says He is able to do more than I could ever even dream of. MORE than my dreams! Wow. That's a lot. But He can and He has.


God has made a way for me to leave my full time job. I prayed this would become a reality and in the same breath I prayed He would provide a part time job. Guess what? He did. It's not technically official yet so I won't share the details. I will tell you that God didn't leave out a single need. Not a one. This job allows me to spend less time working and more time with Sadie. That was my prayer. It has been answered.



"Therefore I say to you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, for they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not of more value than they?
Which of you by worrying can add one cubit to his stature?
"So why do you worry about clothing? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow: they neither toil nor spin; and yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these. Now if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is, and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will He not much more clothe you, O you of little faith?"Therefore do not worry, saying, "What shall we eat?' or "What shall we drink?' or "What shall we wear?' For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.


Matthew 6:25-34


God has provided and will provide for our needs. It's true. The Bible says so. It's hard for me not to worry or try to control the details myself but it is God who brought us to this point and it is God who will keep us going. It will be a daily surrender on our parts (especially mine). Josh and I will have to live very disciplined lives in regards to our fiances. We will. It may be years before we can buy a house or get cable :) BUT for us the so called sacrifices are worth it. I say "so called" because what are we really giving up?! Nothing of any value or significance. I have been given a gift and for that I am very thankful.





I know many of you are full time working moms. I commend you. I do NOT think working outside of the home makes you less of a mother. I will still be working myself. Just because this is the life God has allowed Josh and I to live doesn't mean I think it is the only way to live. Every person and family has to decide what is best for themselves and their families by seeking God's purpose and direction. For Josh and I we feel that this is right for us at this point. It won't always be easy but it is right. It is scary but it is right. It's intimidating but it is right. It is humbling but it is right.


19 comments:

Lauren said...

YAYAY!!! So exciting!!!! :)

Heather Bug said...

Oh Hillary, this post gave me the chills!! I knew that you were wanting to stay home with Sadie and have been praying that you would be able to. I am SOOOO happy for you!! You are so right...God sure does provide and I know He will show you that over and over again. Happy happy Tuesday! I know it sure is!!! :)

Kate said...

Hi, I stumbled across your blog this morning. What a great reminder. You're right, even when we don't recognize it or chose to see it, God is faithful! So glad for this answered prayer in your life.

Kristin said...

What a great reminder that He cares for us! I stopped working in December after our daughter arrived. It was SO scary, but we trusted that this was the right thing for our family at this time. We may not have the best of material goods...but it's OK. I can look at my daughter's smiling face as I type this and I know it was worth any material possession I could gain from working. I hope your part time job works out -- that would be wonderful!

Naturally Caffeinated Family said...

yay, congratulations, that is so exciting!! God IS good! I am so happy for all of you!

Diane said...

Yay!!!!!!!!!

Unknown said...

Love this post! He is true & faithful to meet our every need! So happy for you, Hillary! You're a fanastic Mom!

The Durham Family said...

Woohoo! So excited for. God is so good!

Unknown said...

What a great post Hillary, I just had to comment! I love the scripture you quoted!! What an awesome testament, thanks so much for sharing!

Love, Laughter, Joy and Everything In Between said...

Way to go, Hillary. I've been following your blog for a long time now. The Lord does listen and in Him everything is possible. I, too, recently left my full time office job after 16 years b/c I wanted work from home. The Lord opened every door for me and made it possible. Good luck to you.

Julia said...

congrats to you!! we did the same thing and made sacrifices for me to be able stay home with our little blessings....so worth it!!!

Jonathan said...

So happy for you.. Praise the Lord!!

Lacy said...

So happy for you.. Praise the Lord..

I didn't realize my husband was signed in.. Apologize for that.

Betsy said...

I am so happy for you Hillary!! You are so right. God IS faithful. :)

Meg said...

I loved this post. I really needed to be reminded of this and you did just that. Thank you. God does provide and God is faithful and He can do anything. Praise God!

Beth said...

YEAH! I just quit my job a few weeks ago too, to stay at home with our 4 boys, for now.

It's been AWESOME and FUN and AMAZING! (it's also been exhausting and a LOT of work -- moreso than my previous fulltime job, ha!)

And being financially responsible is so freeing (and beans and rice are really yummy!) and truly helps you enjoy the simple things in life.

Our God is amazing ~ he provides everything, down to the last little detail :) Can't wait to watch and see what He does for your family.

Enjoy that sweet baby!

Dear Addilyn said...

I am a SAHM who also babysits another child for income. However, I may need to go back to work part time to make more money and pay off some debt. I am so worried about leaving my child for even part of the day. I am thankful I have been able to be a SAHM fulltime until now. Prayers are appreciated as my family needs to make the decision fairly quickly.

momto3 said...

Wow, I needed to read that post today. I haven't worked in 14 yrs while raising our 3 kids, my husband lost his job 3 months ago and his severance ran out on July 1st. I have been so stressed and upset and your post just eased my mind. Your right, our God will supply and take care of us. Thank you!
Congrats on being able to work part time and be with Sadie, it is the best job ever!

Bethany said...

I'm catching up on my favorite blogs after being away for 12 days and just saw this post. It brought tears to my eyes to read and I am so happy for you. God truly IS faithful and able to do amazing things far beyond our dreams. I hope that you enjoy your unexpected extra time raising your beautiful daughter!