Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day

April 13, 2011 at 8:50 pm I officially became a mom. I'm a mom. No, really, I am. I keep reminding myself of this over and over. It seems so surreal.


This little girl made me a mom. This is one of her first pictures and the one I sent out to friends and put on Twitter and Facebook to announce her arrival. As I was sending it out I was over come with emotion on how much I loved this little girl already. Words cant described it. People tried to tell me but you can't explain it.

I've only been a mother for 3 weeks and 4 days but it has been the best and hardest 3 weeks and 4 days of my life. I've always heard people say that it would be but I really didn't have a clue they actually meant it. You have all these expectations about what it will be like and I assure you it's completely different. You have this person who now needs you, relies on you, can't live without you and that's s lot of pressure. She keeps you up at night, she cries, she hurts, she needs to be fed, burped, cleaned up, dressed, put to sleep, etc. You might even have to "assist" her in going to the potty and its likely she'll spit up, poop, and pee on you. She relies on you to protect her and keep her safe. There is no instruction manual (although Twitter is like having one) and you have no clue what you're doing. You just do it and pray you aren't completely messing her up. I love Sadie more than I ever thought possible. I'm so proud that she is the reason I get to celebrate my first Mother's Day.

I couldn't end this post without talking about my own mom. I pray that I can be as selfless as she has been. She's the most giving person I know. My whole life my sister and I came first and now she's doing the same with Sadie.


She loves Sadie so much. I hope I can be half the mom to Sadie as she is to me. We love you, Jules! Happy Mother's Day!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Happy Mothers Day to you! I hope you have had a fabulous day celebrating with your beautiful girl:)

Lauren said...

Hope you had an amazing first Mother's Day!!!! :)

Jill said...

1st Mother's Day is so special!! I hope you and Sadie had the best day. See you both soon!

Rebekah said...

Hillary. I hope you had a great Mother's Day! It is amazing how being a mom is the absolute most wonderful thing and the hardest all at the same time. It doesn't get any easier either. It is just different challenges with a two year old! But, I love this age so so much! You are doing a great job! Most important thing is that Sadie is loved. Everything else will fall into place! And she is definitely loved!!! She is so precious, too!