Friday, April 8, 2011

Packing Up

As mentioned in my previous post Josh and I are moving...this weekend. We're moving out of our first tiny apartment into our second tiny apartment. Lucky for us though it is bigger than where we're at now so we feel like we're moving up in the world. As I've written about before it has been hard to make the decision to rent another place. I want so badly to be buying a house and settling into a place that is "ours." A place we can paint walls, plant flowers, park in a garage, etc. I realize that in the midst of what some people have and dream of these are very selfish, material desires. I'm just being honest. Those are the things that I "want". Part of growing up though is prioritizing and seeing the big picture. It's been tough but I'm very happy to be moving into another small apartment. It's where we are at right now and it is the best decision we can make for us at this point. We have a plan and a few goals we want to try and acheive and our next place is going to allow us a better chance of acheiving those goals. For that, I am thankful. Anyway, enough of that, back to moving.


Josh and two of his friends from church are going to move us today. I don't have to lift a box. Not like I could if I wanted to. Not only that but my mom and her friend Dianne have stepped up big time. They have spent the last two days at my apartment packing us up and they will be helping unload and unpack us today. There is no way I could do it without them. I'll be at work while all of this is going on. What a blessing to have friends and family willing to help us.

They have really worked hard with the packing. I started collecting paper boxes at work a while back and I'm so glad I did. Unfortunately though we even ran out of those.

They had to stack boxes on our balcony because there was no room. There were boxes everywhere so Josh and I stayed at my parent's house last night.


I'm not sure how long it will take to get settled but I'm thankful to be moving into our new place before Sadie gets here. Of course I will post pictures of our next "love nest" (that's for you, Katie) soon.

3 comments:

Kodi said...

Good luck with the big move! :)

Superchikk said...

Aren't paper boxes the best? Love them! I'm so glad you have a lot of help - and some "womanly" help, at that. Guys do a great job moving the stuff, but they're not usually so hot at the organization and placing of things. I hope you get settled before Sadie makes debut!

brie. said...

hope the move goes well - glad that you are being taken care of...moving is hard at the BEST of times!