Monday, February 7, 2011

Weekend Recap

**The travel system is a Chicco Cortina Key Fit something or other. I can't remember the name of the color combination.**

This past weekend, well really Saturday, was busy and productive. Josh and I started off our day with breakfast at Panera. Shocking, I know. From there we went and looked at a place to live. I've been really dreading finding another place to live and moving. Part of the reason for the dread is because I really want to buy a house. The pre-Dave Ramsey Josh and Hillary probably would be buying a house but right now, in our current situation, with our current financial goals, it just simply isn't a good idea. It's hard because my pride says we must not be accomplished, successful people because we can't buy a home. That's a selfish and silly thought though. First of all I should be thankful we are able to have a place to live at all. Many people do not and we are blessed. Second of all we CAN buy a house but it just doesn't fit into our long term financial plan at this point. At some point it will but for now it doesn't. Anyway...we found a place we think we'll like. It has a few cons but they are minor and are more about convenience than anything. All of the main areas of interest are covered in this new place. We are praying that someone will come along and want the apartment we are in now so that we can move out of it and into a new one before Sadie arrives.

After looking at places to live Josh and I headed to a local furniture store to buy a chair for Sadie's nursery. We've been thinking a lot about it. We don't have a lot of furniture since our living spaces are so small so I really wanted a place that we could sit, feed, and rock her. I hated to spend the money but luckily Josh and I have an account with money for furniture and appliances in it. We had planned to used it for a king size bed, washer, dryer, etc. Looks like we'll be using it for a chair for Sadie and a washer and dryer instead. Believe it or not it is the first piece of furniture Josh and I have bought together. We got a GREAT deal on it and I can't wait for it to come in.

This is the one we bought. It is so comfortable and it's big enough for Josh to sit in yet small enough for me. We chose "green apple" for the fabric and there won't be any contrasting piping. It will be all one color.

After buying the chair we went and looked at cameras. We've decided to invest in a nice camera. As many pictures as I take and as much as I love to blog it only makes sense that we get one. I asked about what we should get and I think I've made my decision. We are going to wait a little before buying but we'll get it soon. I can't wait to get it and learn how to use it. I'm sure there are lots of photo ops to come!

After all the "big" things were done there we a couple of little things I needed to do. First thing I wanted to find was an Easter basket for Sadie. I know...it's a little early. Well, since I already have something for her basket I needed a basket to put it in.

I found this basket on sale at Michael's. I'm going to paint it white and I'm going to make a liner for it. The girl needs to have her name on her basket! I'm excited to get started on it. I think her bedding should probably get finished firs before I start the basket.
The next thing on my list was that I needed to get her travel system out of the box and make sure it all worked and wasn't broken. I bought it online a while ago because I got a good deal but still hadn't taken it out. After a little assembly it was complete and everything was great.
I just love it. I looked at a lot and this set seemed to be the best for us and I liked the colors soooooooo much! I can't wait to put her in it and bring her home.

The rest of the day on Saturday was spent doing things around the house and then we went to dinner with friends Saturday night. Sunday was a busy day too full of napping and the Super Bowl. The weekend flew by and I'm already for another one. I hope you all had a great weekend too!

11 comments:

Fran said...

Sooooooo proud of you on the house thing. You are completely doing the right thing! God will so honor your obedience. ((hugs))

Kristina--Therapy Tree said...

I have the same brand of chair (storytime series) and Love it! I hope you love yours just the same, nice and comfy and a great place to rock and feed your new baby!

Jill said...

I know not buying a house right now is hard. We waited 10 years before we bought our first home. "Accomplished" is a word the devil uses to make us feel discontent with where we're at in life. Don't ya think? God will bless you for making wise decisions like that. I admire you for choosing financial freedom over stuff. I wish I had chosen that earlier on in our marriage! :)

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog reminds me a lot of myself not so long ago...Remember God's timing is perfect for everything. Houses, babies, and etc.

That is awesome you are doing Dave Ramsey. My hubby and I did that as well and it continues to be a huge blessing to us and our family.

The car, car seat, and stroller are super cute! It is such an exciting time in your life. Soak it up!

Perfectly Imperfect said...

You will LOVE that travel system. It's so easy to use and I can open it up and set it up by myself with a 25 pound babe on my hip. It's so easy. I also use it as a jogging stroller. Seriously, you'll love it.

Mrs. Shelton said...

We bought the same recliner. My parents bought us one for her nursery but after she was here, we decided we needed a rocker/recliner in the living room as well. Best purchase we ever made. I'm sitting in it now. Love it! Also, Lilly had the same car seat/stroller system. We loved it too!

Ashley E. said...

What a fun day! I love the chair and the travel system! You will LOVE that car seat. It's amazing.

kissyc said...

I am expecting a girl in May. I was wondering what is the brand name on the travel system? I love it. I would like to look into it.

Alphabet Soup Momma said...

I have a Best glider/rocker in our nursery! It is so comfortable and it is hubs favorite piece of furniture in the nursery. We cannot wait for our little guy to arrive and to be able to use it! :)

Shannon said...

Where did you end up getting your chair? What model did you get? It looks like it reclines! That's cool. :)

His Doorkeeper said...

Hillary, reading your blog about wanting a house takes me back about 37 years ago when Kelly was a baby and we lived in a little apt. and I wanted a house so badly. It wasn't in God's plan for us for many years down the road but God blessed us in spite of no house.

You and Josh will be the best parents for Sadie because you are looking to follow God's leading in your life.
He owns the cattle on a thousand hills so you will get your house in God's timing and it will be perfect!