Thursday, February 17, 2011

Showers of Fun

I'm so excited about my upcoming showers! I've been looking forward to them from the moment I was pregnant. Part of that is because when I announced I was pregnant to couple of friends (Katie and Kelly) they immediately started talking about my showers. It's hard not to get excited when it's being talked about. The only stressfull part of showers is the registering. Oh dear. Even though I stressed when I registered for our wedding I felt more educated. When it comes to a baby though, I was very unsure of myself. I didn't really have a clue what to register for but I used all of your suggestions from this post as a guide. A while back Josh and I went to Babies R Us to do our big registry.


Josh was really great with the scanner. I would point and he would shoot. It was a lot of fun picking things out even though I felt clueless. I have no idea what we'll need or want. We decided to register at 3 different places (Babies R Us, Target, and Walmart) to help accommodate everyone. I decided to register at Target and Walmart online because it is so easy. Now it's the fun part. I've been checking my registries every day (I know that's cheating, don't judge) and getting excited about the big events.
My first shower (next weekend) is with my besties from high school and their mothers. We always give each other wedding and baby showers and they are lots of fun. As excited as I am about all the fun things for Sadie I'm just excited to see my friends.
The following weekend is my shower at my church. I'm excited about it too. The people in our church are always so generous and thoughtful. They gave Josh and I a wedding shower after we had only been a part of the church for just a little while. We were so blessed by their generosity.
I only have two showers planned for before Sadie gets here but I have a Sip & See planned with my friends in Northwest Arkansas for when she arrives. I CAN'T WAIT FOR THAT!
I am so thankful and blessed that people want to shower us and Sadie. Josh and I are very appreciated of everyone's love and support. Stay tuned because I'll be sure to share the fun details with you.


9 comments:

Ashley said...

I can't wait to hear about them! You are going to have such a great time! Yaaaay! : )

Julee said...

So fun!! I want to come to the NWA shower so don't forget me! :) I can't wait to meet sweet Sadie!

waikikimum said...

Hillary, I love reading your blog and can't wait to see all the pics from your showers. We don't do showers here in Australia but it looks so fun. Have a great time.

Lindsey B said...

I can't wait to read your recaps!

I love baby showers and it was amazing to be the guest of honor at my showers! Seeing people celebrate my child was so touching - I know it will be the same for you!

Rebekah said...

Enjoy your showers! Baby showers are way more fun than wedding showers!

Basham said...

I just read through the old post and it had some great tips! I was just making a list and it helped so much...THANK YOU for asking the question! Have fun at your showers..can't wait to see all the cuteness!

kinleymarie said...

Hi Hillary! I've been reading your blog for awhile now and just love it! I found you through Kelly's Korner. Congrats on your baby girl! I have an almost 6 month old little girl, Kinley. I was wondering where you got your rocker from. We have yet to get a decent rocker. We are just using a very uncomfortable wooden one and my baby loves to be rocked! We also live in Little Rock. Oh, and I happen to be friends with Ashley(the one that made you the super cute birdie monogrammed onsie). Small world! Sorry for the long comment! Anyway, congrats again!

Sara said...

You will have so much fun celebrating sweet Sadie!

I am with you on not knowing what to register for. I took a mom of three with me so I could have advice while picking out things:)

Unknown said...

Hi Hillary - I found your through Caroline's tweet today and I just loved reading through some of your blog entries. I'm a first time mommy-to-be as well, and I'll be honest - I love checking my registry! My first shower is this weekend, so it seems like something new is always "fulfilled"!

Hope you have a great weekend, and a fast 7 more weeks!