Thursday, January 27, 2011

Get Your Smock On

I am so excited! My mom is going to start smocking. Yea! I've been begging her to do it and she's finally going to. I was always jealous of my friend Jenny because her mom would smock the cutest things and Jenny would make the outfit for the inserts. I loved everything they ever put together and her son was always so cute. Well lucky for me Jenny's mom is going to teach my mom to smock. Wooohooo!! And I'm going to make a bubble outfit to put the insert in. I can't wait. Today we went and picked out the bubble pattern, fabric, and smocking stuff. We were advised to start simple so that's what we did.

Here's what we got. The smocking will be the "Tim" one only there won't be a name there. It will be all stitches. The bottom part will be in turquoise thread and the middle will be in bright pink. I'll make the bubble out of the turquoise gingham fabric. Oh I can just picture it. And I know Sadie's chubby little legs will looks cute in this bubble outfit. I know Sadie won't be able to or want to wear smocked outfits forever so I'm going to enjoy it while I can. I'll be sure and post pictures of the finished product.

9 comments:

MomMom said...

How exciting! I can't sew but learned to smock when our first three grandchildren were girls. I never smocked just one outfit but made three every time so I could give all three of them something new. Then we had a grandson and I smocked some for him but not nearly as long as I did for the girls. Now, we have a new granddaughter and I've smocked for her as well. The bishop dress is my favorite pattern when they are babies because the baby can wear it for so long. Enjoy---I can't wait to see pictures.

Faith said...

I love it! Cannot wait to see it all come together. The colors are fabulous!

Chocolate Cat said...

I was lucky enough to have some gorgeous smocked outfits for both of my children and I loved dressing them in them. Enjoy!

Immeasurably More Mama said...

This is exciting! Babies in bubbles are just precious...add some smocking and you've got extreme cuteness!

Candis Berge said...

I have followed your blog for a while, coming over from Kelly's blog. I enjoy reading the blog of you young women and it is so encouraging to find so many of you that love the Lord and want to raise your family to serve Him! We raised three sons and I smocked a little dress before son #2 was born.. never got to use it then! Praying for you and your sweet Sadie as she grows before the big day when she is in your arms! Regards from a Minnesota grandma!

Ashley said...

Oh I'm so jealous! I am in LOVE with smocked outfits! Have fun!

Donna said...

How wonderful!! I've always loved classic smocked children's clothing...how greta for you!!!

Jill said...

You're going to save so much $$ with your Mom doing this for you!! Smocked outfits are outrageous! Can't wait to see what you guys make together. :)

The Fryes said...

My mom is going to teach me how to smock when she comes for a visit later this month! I'm so excited to learn, as long as she or someone else can put the outfit together.