Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Wedding Weekend

This past weekend Josh and I headed to Mt. Magazine to attend his cousin's wedding. We were both really excited about this wedding because it would be the first time we had been back since OUR wedding. For those of you who have read this blog for a while now know that Josh and I got married at the same place September 19, 2008. It's so wonderful up there. The views are spectacular. This weekend, being winter and all (well not technically until this week but who cares) the view wasn't quite the same. You couldn't see the mountains or into the valley BUT you could see the....

...clouds. They were below us. It was so neat.
Josh, his mom, and sister before the wedding started.

Josh and his cousins. His other cousin Ashley hadn't arrived yet. Logan, the groom is on the right. He's the youngest boy of the cousins so it was a little surreal seeing him get married.

This is Ronette and I. She's married to one of Josh's cousin. Her little girl Emersyn will be Sadie's other girl cousin on Josh's mom's side. In fact they'll only be a year apart. We are hoping to make a point to get our girls together as much as possible.

Eventually we all braved the cold and found our seats outside. Luckily the weather wasn't just awful. It was very cold but the wind wasn't too severe and the ceremony wasn't long.

Here's Amy, another cousin's wife, and her little boy Till. He was so funny. He spent the first part of the ceremony gathering rose petals and throwing them over the ledge. That is until his grandmother came and snatched him up.

The bride and groom pouring the "unity" sand. I'm sure there's a better name for it but I'm drawing a blank.


This picture makes me laugh. It shows just how close Tanner, the best man, was to the action. It was pretty much the 4 of them at the center of everything.

After the ceremony I wanted to make sure to get a picture with Josh where we were married a couple years ago. I hope we can come back and get lots of pictures here in the future. We'll bring Sadie next year. :)

This is Josh's sister. I try not to get my picture taken with really skinny girls but it couldn't be helped. :) She's just too cute and I had to get our picture together.

After the ceremony we headed over to the reception. This was my favorite decoration.

The Christmas tree was so pretty! And after the reception everyone was able to pick an ornament to take home.

The cake. It was yummy.

Centerpiece

Josh and his buddy, Till. Till loves when I take pictures of him because he likes to look at them afterwards.

This is Josh's mom with her two sisters (who are twins) and their parents.

Ashley and Sara

This is just a random picture of mine and Josh's coffee. Mine is on the right and Josh's is on the left. He likes LOTS of cream and sugar. I guess that's how he's always able to make me flowers.

Josh's centerpiece. A masterpiece, really.

The groom and his momma

It was so much fun hanging with Josh's cousins. They are all hilarious.

Last but not least, the bride and groom. Congrats Logan and Crystal. We love you!
After leaving Mt. Magazine we stopped by the square in Paris to look at the lights.

Here's the courthouse where Josh and I got our marriage license. It was so pretty.


Then Josh was sweet enough to drive me by some of my favorite lights on the way home.

This is the bridge in Clarksville that I've driven over many times. This picture doesn't do it justice. It's so pretty with all the lights.
And my favorite place to go by around the holidays is this house...

...with no particular theme or anything. They have so many things going on here that it makes me laugh. And again, this picture doesn't do it justice. It's really a sight to behold. And a perfect ending to our tour of lights.

8 comments:

Katie said...

That last house is definitely my favorite, too! Haha. Love it!

Diane said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend! I remember the posts from your wedding - it was a gorgeous wedding, and I am glad y'all got to go back.

Kaysie said...

You look so great, Hillary! :)

Lauren said...

So pretty Hillary and neat to go back and reminisce with Josh! Love the pictures and love all the lights!!! :)

Kimberley said...

i recognize that bridge, very neat. i'm from dardanelle now living in bentonville. i've been through paris many times, but never went to Mount Magazine. i know i need to!

Jill said...

I've never been to Mt. Mag, but it looks so pretty!! Love all of the pics & the one of that last house is hilarious! I would be doing good to get Alex to put simple lights on our house - he refuses. I'm going to teach Amelia the art of manipulation next year, so she can talk him
into it.

Nancy said...

Beautiful pictures!

Claire said...

What beautiful pictures!

Cxx