Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Orange Beach 2010 Part 3

Wednesday, July 28, 2010


Good morning, parents!


Good morning, Ocean! Wednesday was another beautiful day.


Mom and I worked on the puzzle before heading out to the beach. Our family (my mom, sister, and I) love puzzles!


Daily Beach Picture


Mom getting some sun.


Josh getting geared up for a tough day on the beach full of reading and relaxing.


Since my legs were still in bad shaped I sat where they were shaded under the tent but my arms could get some sun. Nice.

Ringo, our buddy.


There were several of these out. I'm not really sure what they were cleaning because there wasn't any oil.

After a day at the beach we all headed out for a bit of fun. We went to Souvenir City in Gulf Shores. We always get fudge (imagine that, my family always getting a dessert) and my sister needed a few souvenirs.

No comment.


Peanut butter fudge is the best.

After shopping we headed to dinner at the Shrimp Basket.






Fried Pickles

After dinner we headed to Walmart to get some essentials (more desserts) and to help walk off some of the dinner we just ate. You can't have a vacation without multiple trips to WM.





We LOVE Zapps chips when we go on vacation. I mean LOVE them.



Told ya!

Something else we love are Paula Deen desserts at Walmart. In Little Rock my mom gets the ooey gooey butter cakes but in Alabama they had even more choices.

Oh. My. Word. My favorite dessert of the trip was PD's caramel chocolate shortbread. So good.


When we got back to the condo CJ, dad, and Josh watched TV while mom and I finished the puzzle.



Thursday, July 29, 2010


Breakfast


More sweets.

Another good looking day at the beach.

Daily beach picture.

The water was so clear and perfect.

Do you see oil? I don't!

Dad and Josh are still looking cool.

Josh and I sat under the tent for a while then it was time to head upstairs and get ready to head out to dinner.

The boys waiting on mom to get ready. After we got ready we took pictures on the balcony then went to dinner at a place we hadn't tried before.



The night before (Wednesday) as we were driving back to our condo we noticed there were a lot of cars in the parking lot of Cosmo's. We figured it must be worth checking out because hardly any restaurants were that busy. I checked out the menu on my phone and we knew we had to try it.


The bread and salad were SO good. That should have been our indication that we were in for a treat.


Oh my word! My dinner we delicious. I mean GOOD! I don't eat seafood so when I got to the beach my options are either fried chicken tenders, grilled chicken breast, or salad. It was so nice being at a place that had several options. I had a hard time deciding. I'm so glad I ordered what I did. I wish I had some right not.

Josh doesn't like it when I leave his food off this blog so here's his pasta. :)
And for dessert....

Banana Fritters. Slap yo mama! They were delicious.
After dinner at our new favorite restaurant we headed down to the beach for some relaxation and reading. We saw some dolphins but my camera didn't take very clear pictures.






8 comments:

Jill said...

LOL I love reading your comments on each picture. I can just hear you saying it in my head...makes me laugh!

Your family does vacay the way my fam does vacay. Lots of relaxing and good food!! You guys are so cute.

I can't wait to go to the beach this month.

The Ormons said...

Where did yall stay? We just got back too. I heard about Cosmo's but didn't see it while we were there. It is on the main strip? We want to try it next time. The water was so pretty this time.

Anonymous said...

What a great trip! I miss the Beach this summer...We usually stay at one of my Fathers Beach places on the East Coast, but now we live on the West Coast! Glad you had a nice time away.

Rebekah said...

Hil, it looks like a fun relaxing time with lots of yummy food! My kind of vacay!

Kelly said...

Oh - I love your vacation!
We went to cosmo's last year and pulled in the parking lot and Laurie went in and came back out and said it looked weird. ha! So we didn't go. :-)

Laurie said...

Looks blissful!!!!!!!!!!!! Except for Ringo the bird.

Lauren said...

That water is GORGEOUS!! And you’re making me want fried pickles now, haha!!

Cazra said...

Orange Beach is our home away from home since we live about an hour away. I also don't eat seafood, and you are right the options are normally very limited. We have never been to Cosmos. We will have to try it. Your dinner looked scrumptious!