Monday, July 19, 2010

Road Trip

This past weekend I made a quick trip to Fayetteville to see some friends. The purpose of my trip was to meet Colson for the first time. I was so excited to see him but if I was going to be in the area then I needed to visit some other friends as well. Friday night I stayed at my friend Shannon's place. We had a great time eating, talking, and looking at single guys on the computer (not for me, for her). If you're confused you should go here to see what I'm talking about.


Saturday morning after breakfast at Panera with Shannon I headed over to Katie's house to see the man-of-the-hour himself. Oh and I wanted to see him momma too!



Here they are! The sweetest picture I've seen in a long time.

And next it was my turn to hold him. Look, he's waving at the camera! I loved holding him!!He just looked around and I could see his beautiful eyes. It brought me back to the first time I held his brother.

Zach was just a few hours old when I held him first, Colson a few days, but they look a lot alike to me. I never got to hold their sister Reese oh but I will one day!! Until then she'll be keeping and eye on her wild brothers.

After I gave Colson back to his momma it was time for me to leave. I had a lunch date with some more friends.

I met up with Jennifer, Amanda, Kelly, and Harper at Mellow Mushroom and I had the best time. Laurie, I missed you so much! Harper was sooooo good! I loved getting to see how much she's grown and changed. I wish I could see these girls all the time. After our fun lunch I got in my car and headed home. I had the best time while I was gone and can't wait to make another trip soon...probably one involving Razorback football. WOOHOOO!!!

On another note, after church on Sunday Josh and I had lunch and then stopped at a new place for some yogurt...self-serve yogurt.


It's so cute and fun. I've heard of places like it before but never been to one.

And I'm pretty sure self-serve is a bad idea!!!!

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Soooo fun, and such a bummer that Laurie couldn’t be there :( And Katie looks fabulous and Colson is ADORABLE!!!! :)

Laurie said...

I am just SICk that I missed you and the girls! Katei's baby is sooooo cute!

Katie said...

Love that he is waving! We miss you already.

I'd like some Orange Leaf, please. ; )

Ashley said...

Sounds like such a fun weekend! Just holding babies is enough to make my weekend great!