Thursday, July 22, 2010

My Bonnie Flys Over the Ocean

...my Bonnie flys over the sea. My Bonnie flys over the ocean, so bring back my Bonnie to me. On second thought, BONNIE, please stay away! Well as most of you have seen on the news there's a "tropical wave" which could turn into Bonnie if the right factos are in place. And if this happens the gulf is sure to get it.



This makes me sad for two reason. 1. The oil...can't they catch a break?! 2. My vacation in the gulf starts tomorrow. Come on Bonnie, help us out a little by staying far away. In fact, why don't you just go away altogether?!? Thanks! Honestly...I'm not as concerned about the weather as I might have been at early stage in my life. As much as I love the sun and being out and getting a tan these days I just want to GET AWAY! I want to be away from work, away from life, and just spend time hanging with my husband and family. So, as long as Bonnie doesn't blow our condo down we'll still be vacationing. I think I'll keep up the good weather prayers though because some sun really would be nice.

Speaking of Bonnie, do you think its a coincidence that I named my sewing machine Bonnie a while back?! I know its silly to name something like that but I'm a namer. I name cars, Christmas tress, etc. I figured if I'm going to spend as much time with something as I do my sewing machine it needs a name. After the work I've put her through these last few weeks I think Bonnie is more fitting than ever. Maybe I'll change it to Hurrican Bonnie.

So I leave you with this...my LAST order before vacation. I finished it last night around 12:15. I've made one like it before but this one has and added touch which I think makes it even cuter.

9 comments:

walkers said...

oh i do hope she stays away so you can soak in the rays. i also name objects- maybe i learned that from you? my roomba is roberta- my personal house cleaner:)

michelle ellis said...

I hope Bonnie leaves your vacation alone!
I'm a namer too, my husband thinks I'm crazy.

Lauren said...

Praying you have an awesome vacation and Bonnie stays away!! And when you get back I’m going to put in an order for you!!! :) And LOVE that last piece you made!!!

Amanda (McNeely) Vestal said...

Is that Lea's? I really wish you wouldn't monogram her clothes. :)

Heather said...

Praying this storm goes away!!! Matt and I were just talking yesterday about how active the hurricane season might be and how we might have to get in the car and travel north alot!! I hope not! Secondly, I love that dress!! I just might have to order that from you, I will fb you about that!! I LOVE IT!!! Great job Hilary!!

Jill said...

GO AWAY BONNIE!! Praying you guys can get away for awhile.

Ashley said...

Praying the storm and your sewing machine do not join you on vacation! : ) Love the cute monogram on the dress!

Ashley N said...

SO SO cute, as always. Hoping your vacation goes as planned. We cancelled our gulf coast vacation this summer b/c of the oil, and my heart is STILL broken over it.

Kim said...

Hey! I'm a namer too!! Cars, furniture, people (rename them!)...the list goes on! I'm hopeing Bonnie never makes it to the gulf! Have fun!