Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Not Much

So what's been going on, you ask? Not much!! Can you believe I haven't blogged in over a week? I had been doing so well at it. It's just that there really isn't much going on that's blog-worthy right now. And you know when that happens a "bullet" post is in order. So here it goes...

  • This past weekend Josh and I stayed at my parent's house to watch Chloe and water the flowers. We had a pretty low key weekend which I was glad about. Most of the afternoon on Saturday was spent at Walmart...getting Josh a summer wardrobe. I'm so thankful to be married to a guy who wants to look nice but isn't too proud to buy clothes from Walmart at times. He got some REALLY nice things. Things you'd find at any high-end store. He looks good in anything so why not save a little money?!
  • Has anyone noticed how hot it is? Oh my word! I'm hoping this means that fall is going to come early, like say July, and it will be mild and wonderful. A girl can dream, right?
  • I bought my first official watermelon yesterday and it was so good. What I'm about to say will come as a shock to those who know me well but I like good cold watermelon about as much as I like cupcakes. I know, crazy! The one I cut up last night is really good. I can't wait to go home and eat more.
  • Josh and I FINALLY made it back to the gym this morning after a LONG break. We shouldn't have let so much time go by without going to the gym but we did. I'm hoping we're getting back into a routine. Only a few more weeks until vacation so I certainly NEED to be going.
  • Speaking of vacation I've been really sad about all this oil in the Gulf. Selfishly I'm upset because we go to the gulf every year and it really messes up my R & R. I'm also upset though because of the affects on the marine life as well as the economy and jobs for people in the area. We are supposed to go to Orange Beach this year. We all thought about other options for vacations spots but we just can't abandon the gulf. At this point we're still planning on going. My first vacation there was in 1985, I was 5 years old, and the thought of not going there, during their time of need, makes me sad. So assuming it isn't unbearable then we're still going. I follow Orange Beach on twitter, check daily updates on their official sight, and get feedback from people in the area so I feel like we'll know if it gets too bad. From what I gather they are doing a great job of cleaning the beaches every night and are working hard to keep it a place that people will want to vacation. I can't wait to get back to it!
  • I've had lots of fun sewing lately. I really like finding patterns that I understand. I still take classes on Tuesdays but I like knowing that I can do some things on my own. I will post pictures soon of what I've been working on lately. They are really cute!
  • Is anyone else as OBSESSED as I am about snow cones?? I can't get enough of them. I've had to cut myself off because they are loaded with sugar. I allow myself to have one on the weekends. During the week I eat popsicles to cut the cravings.

Well, I guess those are all the bullets for now! I'll try to be back more this week.

6 comments:

Lauren said...

So yeah, I’m pretty much feeling deprived because there are no snow cones to be found in my area, haha!!! Would you be so kind as to send me one??? :)

Jill said...

I've found Alex some really cute cargos at Walmart and they hold up nicely! He's like your hubby, he could care less where it's from! But can you believe he doesn't like sno cones!? I have to go to Bryant and have one w/my nephews if I want one. :)

Good for you for getting back to the gym!!

rae said...

I love snow cones, too! Have you tried Italian Ice?? Oh my! No fat, but tons of sugar.....and even better than snow cones!

Laurie said...

I decided last week that I love watermelon as much as chips and salsa! I love snow cones too, with cream

Fran said...

Confession....I don't like watermelon. I know. Whats wrong with me??

Heather said...

I love a good watermelon!! Yum!! You are the sewing queen!! You are going to be a rockstar at this!!