Monday, June 7, 2010

Favorite

As you know, one of my favorite things to do is sew. And what better to sew than fun things for some of my favorite girls?! A while back my friend Kelly did something VERY nice for me. I wanted to do something for her to say "thank you" but if you know Kelly you know that she does NOT want people fussing over her. So, to avoid a fight :) I decided I'd make something for Harper. I was interested in making things for little girls anyway so it worked out great. I figured a jumper dress was something I needed to know how to make and something I thought Harper would look great in. So I ventured out and decided to make her a reversible dress. Here's how it turned out...


I REALLY love the green rick rack on the neckline and bottom. I was scared it would be hard to get it to curve right but it wasn't and I think it makes it much cuter.

This side was originally the "lining" but I'm not sure that it isn't my favorite side.

While making this dress I took a bow making class so I figured it would be perfect to make H a matching bow. I wanted it to look good with both sides.

I'm really pleased how it all turned out. Not to mention it was really easy so I feel I can make more without much effort at all. I like that kind of sewing! And I couldn't very well send Miss Harper something without thinking of two of my other favorite girls. I just had to send something to Emily and Sarah Kate as well. I wanted to try something "different" for them and had no clue how it would turn out. After putting rick rack on H's dress I was wanting to do more things with it. I thought about things I could use it for and decided a simple applique might look great with it. And if I was going to do something "simple" I needed to embroider it as well. After their little shirts were complete I couldn't very well mail them without a matching bow. So, here's how they turned out...

My camera is not great so just trust me that it looks much clearer in person. I actually loved how they turned out.

Again, this one looks better in person too. And I LOVE the little shorts with the tie bows on them. I knew E would be OK with a little skort but as wild as SK is she'd need shorts. :)I informed Laurie their little shirts might fall apart in the wash but I sure hope they don't.

I had a lot of fun making these things for such sweet girls. I imagine I will be making them more things in the future. They are so cute and sweet and I couldn't find better models!

I will be back tomorrow to update on my weekend. It was WONDERFUL!

14 comments:

Lauren said...

Soooo I think I found the key here!!! I have to be a little girl to have you make anything for me??? HAHA!!!!! Soooo precious Hillary and you did an absolutely wonderful job!!!!! :)

Laurie said...

You KNOW I love these! You are sooo SMART!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The girls are wearing them to church in the morning! I will do a blog post with them on!

Kelly said...

Harper is wearing her dress this week and i can't wait! We LOVE it!
And I love what you made SK & E!!! You are so sweet! You are such a good Aunt! :-)

Immeasurably More Mama said...

So cute!!! What pattern did you use for Harper's dress? I need one for that style.

Jennifer said...

I LOVE these! You did a wonderful job!! I hope you have a sweet little girl one day soon so that you can make all kinds of cute things for her! :)

I think you need to come up to NWA for a visit soon!!!

Faith said...

You did so great! You're right, ric-rac does add just that extra little bit of cuteness. I know these girls are going to look just darling in their Hillary creations!

JMK said...

So cute!

sl said...

You are so talented!! I love what you made. I love to sew and have always wanted to have a newer machine. What kind do you have? I am dreaming of a new one.

Kandice said...

can you take orders and send them if so please email me kandicepatrick09@hotmail.com thanks so much! :)

Trina Ross said...

Hillary, your sewing is beautiful and you are doing such a great job. You are very talented. The little outfits are darling. I know you are having fun and I envy you so much. LOL..

Julia said...

wow!! what great work.
I would really love to order a dress from you for my little lady.
if interested please email me
juliafariello@gmail.com

Julia said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

What kind of sewing machine do you have? Does it also do embroidery? I LOVE your cute stuff!

Tecia said...

Please say you will make my little Jade, due Sept 22, one of these. IF so, e-mail me
tecia99@yahoo.com..Hope to hear from you soon.