Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Big 3-0

Last week I turned 30 years old. Yes, that's right, 30. I can hardly believe it. My how time flies. I'm not having a hard time being 30 so that's good. At this point it feels the same as 29. And since most of my friends had already turned 30 it helped keep the shock factor away. But since it was a big birthday I decided I wanted to celebrate it. What better way to celebrate than by taking the day off!?! So that's exactly what I did. And lucky for me Josh took the day off too.
First stop, breakfast at Mimi's!


Wouldn't you know that on my birthday Mimi's decided to CHANGE the seasonal muffin. Really? On my birthday? Rude. Lucky for me to baker forgot about the change and made the banana chocolate chip instead. PTL. Breakfast was wonderful and after that we headed to Sephora. I have been "wanting" new perfume but since it's not a "need" I've opted not to get it. I still wanted to smell good on my birthday so I went and got myself a sample of some Escada perfume. It wasn't my favorite but I still really like it.

They give great samples at Sephora! After perfume time we headed to the revenue office to renew my DL. Let me just say that both times I've been to this revenue office I've had great experiences. I think I was in there a total of 5 minutes. It was fabulous. Here's a sneak peek...

Not the best picture. I was going to upload a better one but I'm too lazy

Next stop for the day was to the River Market. I was DYING to try the red velvet cookies from a bakery down there.

Josh and I parked the car and took a stroll through the streets.

I was very disappointed to learn that the bakery ran out of the red velvet cookies, two hours after being open, and had no plans of making more. Hmmm...really? You aren't making any more and you've only been open 2 hours? Instead you're making chocolate chip cookies when you already have a canister full of those? Needless to say I wasn't impressed with their lack of urgency to provide their customers with a best selling cookie. So, since I wasn't going to be getting a birthday treat there I took my business else where. We left the River Market and headed to the Heights.

I decided I wanted to celebrate my birthday with my faithful treat....

They did not disappoint.

Josh and I ate on them through the weekend and they were fabulous. I made sure to share with Josh so I could "watch my portions." :)

After cupcake time we went on a few errands. First we went to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to use up the rest of our gift cards. We spent a while there going up and down the aisles trying to decide what we wanted. We ended up getting more fans for our apartment. Good choice because it is H-O-T outside. Next we went to Wal-mart. The best part of the day happened while we were at Wal-mart. I was able to buy my FAVORITE self-tanner!! I was out and had been looking for it everywhere! The others I used DO NOT work like this one. I LOVE IT!

Seriously, it made my birthday. I know that seems silly but it is true! After Wal-mart we headed to Sam's. We got some avocados, Josh a pair of pants and Josh bought this...

It's 2 Salsa music CDs. Ha! After making fun of him for a bit I embraced them! I like all kinds of music so I did enjoy them. Before heading home we made one more stop for some refreshment.

Ahhhhh...

Next it was to the casa to freshen up for dinner and a movie. Later on we went to my parent's house and then headed to YaYa's.


Here we are before we left.

Here we are at the restaurant.

My cute parents

Gnocchi...my favorite!

Baba ganoush....LOVE IT!

Steak and Potatoes

Chocolate Souffle...divine!

After dinner we walked around a little before the movie was supposed to start.

The only time my dad will be taller than Josh. :)

Eventually we went our separate ways because Josh and I were headed to the movie. Only the movie theater forgot to let the internet website know that since SATC2 was out it wasn't going to show Letters to Juliet. :( So instead of a movie we headed home. It ended up being a good thing because I think I was asleep by 9:30.

I had a wonderful birthday! I hope it's a good indication to how this year is going to be.

10 comments:

Brian and Kambry said...

happy birthday, hilary! i love your blog! take care, kambry :)

Katie said...

Yea for good birthdays! You look beautiful. Love you.

Anonymous said...

Such a fun birthday! Love your outfit! Can't wait to celebrate some more!

Kelly’s Korner said...

Your birthday sounds WONDERFUL!!! I'm glad you had such a good one! Wish I could have been with you!

Jill said...

You look so pretty in all of these pics! And those pics of your dinner look yummy! I've never been there...going to have to try it sometime.

Looks like you had a wonderful birthday!

Faith said...

You are so cute! I loved reading about how you celebrated your big day. It sounds like it was perfect!

I'm also glad to know that the big 3-0 isn't so bad since I'll be joining you in September ;)

Lauren said...

Sounds like a FABULOUS birthday!!! :)

Bonnie said...

Geez, my mouth is watering at all that delicious food! Me & my twin sister just turned 29 on May 30th. Last year of our 20's!

Bobbie - Clumsy Crafter said...

hey, I got directed to your site from Kelly's. I love gnocchi too. I had my wisdome teeth out today and it's hard to eat I have a thing of gnocchi set back in the fridge and I am just dreaming of it. I can't wait.

Lena said...

Hey there! I am another blog fan directed here through Kelly...and you are a girl after my own heart...love the Gnocci....mmmm!!! Blessings to you!
Lena