Monday, May 24, 2010

Weekend Recap

I'm a bad blogger. I didn't take hardly any pictures of my weekend. So sad. I hope you forgive me. I had a great weekend though so here's a recap.
Friday after work I was LAZY and it was great. After hanging out with my parents I went to my place where I stayed on the couch watching Dateline most of the night. It was great. In fact it's one of my favorite things to do on a Friday night. I know, I'm old. I was anxiously waiting for Josh to come home since he had been gone ALL week for a seminary class in Ft. Worth.
Saturday morning Josh and I both got up and ready for the day. He and I both had busy days planned doing very different things. He headed to our church where he would spend the rest of the day on the roof working. I headed to meet my friend Jill for breakfast. When I sat down I told her I could not forget to get our picture since I did the last time. Well wouldn't ya know, after a great breakfast and great conversation we said our goodbyes and I forgot to get a picture. Luckily I remembered as I was getting into my car so I ran over to her (scared her actually) and took a picture.


Sweet Jill

Jill is hilarious and I really enjoy getting to spend time with her. If it weren't for Twitter, Blogs, and Beth Moore we might never have met. Next time we get together I'm going to BE SURE to get our picture.

After breakfast I ran a ton of errands and got lots of things done. I went to Lifeway, Hobby Lobby, Target, Bed, Bath & Beyond, Kohls, back to Bed, Bath & Beyond, Charming Charlie, and then I headed home. It was great! I bought birthday gifts, wedding shower gifts, and spent some more gift card money Josh and I received when we got married. We were so blessed to get SO MANY gift cards that we're still using them. Our plan is to have them all used by this summer. When I got home I took a little nap and waited for my hubby to get home so we could go out.

Eventually we made our way out to eat Greek food at Taziki's. It was really good!

The picture coloring isn't that great because sometimes I get embarrassed taking pictures of my food in restaurants so I turn off the flash. :) My dinner was so yummy! And I confess, I had a little piece of Baklava for dessert. Delicious.

And no evening out is complete without a trip to Wal-mart. After dinner Josh and I did our weekend grocery shopping then headed home.

Sunday was a busy day as well. First we had church. It was my week to keep the bed babies in the nursery. I love keeping the nursery especially when there's a baby in there who will let me hold them and love on them. It was great! After church we had a short afternoon break until it was time to be back at church for a wedding shower. Our children's minister is getting married this summer so it was important that BOTH Josh and I attend the shower. Josh was one of 5 guys that were there.

I'm surprised he was able to get his big fingers in the punch cup. Doesn't he look dainty? :)

Over all we had a great weekend!! I'm really looking forward to next weekend because it's a long one. No work next Monday. WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

4 comments:

Betsy said...

it's so fun that you and Jill get to hang out!! Your weekend sounds like a perfect mix of fun and relaxation. And Josh looks so polite with his punch. Haha!

Jill said...

Because you're so stinkin' sweet, I'll forgive you for the terrible pic of me. Ha! Always fun hanging out with you, girl. I can't believe how many errands you ran afterwards!!
And the pic of the hubs holding that little cup...so funny! He's a good sport. :)

Lauren said...

Ha!! Love the picture of Josh :) Sounds like a wonderful weekend!!!!!

Faith said...

Aww, sweet Jill - love that pic of her! Wish I could have joined you guys for breakfast =)

Love the pic of Josh holding the punch. He just needs his pinky out - hahaha!!