Thursday, May 6, 2010

Last Day in NYC

Sunday morning we woke up and got ready for our last hours in NYC. The first thing we did was turn on the news which is when we learned how serious the "bomb" was. Obviously we were all very thankful that God intervened and everyone was safe. We got ready and headed for our breakfast reservations at Norma's. On our way there we saw a bike race about to take place. There were TONS of bike riders.

We arrived at Norma's and were seated right away.

The lighting was not good for pictures but the food made up for it.



When we sat down our waiter brought us a free sample of their smoothie. It reminded me of my honeymoon because they brought us smoothie samples every morning too. It made me so happy. The food also made me happy. There were so many choices.

My sister got these banana macadamia nut pancakes and I am glad she did. I ended up eating some of them and they are fabulous.

These are my breakfast quesadillas. So good! Yes, I shared mine too!

Our plan for after breakfast was to head to finish up any last minutes shopping. We went back to H & M, of course, and then headed to Times Square for some souvenir shopping. Times Square was a lot different than it had been in days prior.

People were all around taking pictures of the "spot" where the card and bomb were.

Here's a picture of the street vendors with American Flags on their product stands. It appears they were the ones who spotted the smoking car. This would make sense because they both border 45th street.


There were police cars and policemen EVERYWHERE!!!!!!

There were also news crews and cameras everywhere too. I had a picture up but accidentally deleted and it am too tired to upload it again. :)

After we finished our shopping it was time for our New York cheesecake that we tried to get the night before. We decided to pick some place close so we chose Maxie's.

We were so HOT we were just thrilled to be sitting somewhere we could cool off.


After we ate we still had a little while before our ride came to pick us up to take us to the airport. We were too tired to shop so we headed over to our favorite spot in Rockefeller Center to sit and people watch. It's fitting that the place we sat for a while was across the street from my favorite place.

I thought I'd leave you with a few pictures of things that are very common in NYC...


We had a great time in NYC and I can't wait to go again. If you've never been then you should go. It's so worth it!

3 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Hillary, I feel like I have been on a whirlwind tour of NYC!!! I love all your post of your trip! The food, the sight, the shops, Central Park, Wicked, etc. You all had a great trip!! I would love to go someday!!

Thanks for sharing with all of us who have not had the pleasure yet!!

Lauren said...

So glad you had a wonderful trip!! Have loved your recaps!! :)

Katie said...

I'm so glad you had fun, love! It looked like a perfect trip. Loved all your pics!!