Thursday, May 20, 2010

Bullets Are Back

  • Apparently when constructing a garment that is reversible you can't use your sewing machine to sew on the buttons. You must sew them on yourself, by hand. Had I known this I would have picked something that didn't require 8 buttons. I wasn't good at sewing on buttons before but I'm pretty good at it now.
  • If you go to www.daveramsey.com you can enter to win a $1000 drawing that takes place every day. There's a grand prize drawing of $10,000 on May 27th. I'm praying I win it on my 30th birthday. If you enter and win its only right that you share some with me since without me you might not have heard of it. Just sayin.
  • I started a Bible study about Ruth by Kelly Minter a while ago and I'm still doing it. It is sooooo good. I love it! I just read that Beth Moore is going to use it for her online blog Bible study this summer. You should so get involved. For details go here. You will be blessed by it.
  • Lately I've REALLY been craving diet cokes and diet dr peppers. I haven't had a diet beverage since January. At first it didn't bother me but lately I just want to buy a two liter and never come up for air. I know if I take one sip I'll want another sip and another sip and another sip. It just isn't worth it to me...at this point.
  • I'm really into buying my sewing patters on Etsy. I find myself searching through them all the time. I just love all the cute things I find. And most of them are really affordable. I have a few I'm eyeing right now so as soon as I get some extra moola I'm going to snag them.
  • I'm really sad about all the oil in the Gulf. I've been so looking foward to our family vacation this summer and it sickens me to think we might not be able to go. Please Lord, clear the oil! I love going to Orange Beach. It's like a second home to me. There's no other place on the planet that soothes my soul like it does.
  • Allergies, PLEASE GO AWAY!!! You are no longer welcome! I thought you would have gotten bored with me by now and left but you keep hanging around. You're rather annoying and I don't do annoying.
  • Why does money have to stress me out SO MUCH?? With crazy dentist bills, and seminary, and car payments I'm just stressing all the time. It's ridiculous. Sure money might be tight but there's real poverty out there and I need to get a grip. I hate thinking about it all.the.time. God will provide. HE ALWAYS DOES!
  • I'm really trying to cut back on all the "crime scene" shows I watch. Since we don't have cable the only channels we get are local ones and we all know those are full of the crime scenes. I love to watch them but they scare me. Especially Criminal Minds. I refused to watch it last night. Serial killer gets his targets from Facebook and Twitter. No thank you!
  • It's going to be warm and sunny next week. That's great but I guess that means we're going to have to get our AC cranking. As of now I think we've only turned it on a couple of days. Summer is here so I need to get used to it.

6 comments:

Bailey said...

I agree with the "crime scenes"! I can't watch them..they scare me too much! I'm glad I'm not the only one =)

Cherit said...

I can't watch Criminal Minds by myself!! It totally freaks me out!

Jill said...

I will enter to win the money and if I win - I'll share! :)

I can't watch those shows either. That email that I last sent you had me up the entire night...I was just waiting for a guy with a dog to knock on my door!

Lauren said...

I feel you pain! I just quit drinking soda!!!

Betsy said...

I am so upset about the oil in the Gulf too! It is just awful!! We need to take better care of our world!

Money is so easy to stress over! Just pray that God will give you peace and help you keep it all in perspective. Easier said than done, right??

I have never seen Criminal Minds but it sounds really creepy! I'd probably have nightmares! Haha

Have a great weekend Hillary! :)

Tricia Nae said...

We watch Law & Order (the regular one and SVU) like it's going out of style...I'm too wimpy to handle Criminal Minds though. And...just turning on the AC? We have had ours on for months. Hahaha.