Monday, April 26, 2010

SLI in ATL

What a FABULOUS weekend I had! Friday I loaded up the car and headed to Branson, Missouri to meet up with some of my favorite friends.

Amanda, Me, Jennifer, Laurie, Kelly

We all met up at the airport to catch a flight to Atlanta to attend Beth Moore's conference on her new book So Long Insecurity. If you haven't been in the Branson airport you should. It is so cute. Like a big log cabin.


Jennifer, Me, Kelly

Our flight was adventurous. All day Arkansas/Missouri had been experiencing some severe weather. We were concerned our flight might get delayed or cancelled but PTL it didn't. After we took off it didn't take the Captain long to let us know of some turbulence we'd be experiencing. We wouldn't be flying through storms but we'd still be able to feel the effects. Yes, indeed we did. The first 15 minutes were a little rough. We were all a little on edge with the bumpy ride but it didn't last long. The rest of the trip was pretty much smooth sailing. We were so excited to arrive in Atlanta to meet Caroline, Faith, and Jenna.

I was super excited to get to meet my "blog" friends. I honestly don't think of them at all as blog friends but as real friends...I happened to have never met. These girls are wonderful! Jenna and Faith drove us around all weekend and for that I am so thankful. After leaving the airport we headed to The Varsity in downtown Atlanta. Apparently it's a pretty famous place with lots of greasy burgers, fries, hot dogs, and onion rings.



This is actually a pic of Kelly's meal but we had the same thing so I took it. :) A bacon cheeseburger and onion rings!


We all look great in hats!

Since we didn't make it to Atlanta until late we didn't get to eat until late. That meant we didn't get back to the hotel until late. We were all exhausted. Laurie, Amanda, and I sat in our little living room and talked. Kelly joined us soon and we ended up staying up WAY too late. I think by the time we went to bed I had been up about 21 straight hours. I was so tired but it was so worth it. The next morning we woke up early to get ready and head to the Beth Moore conference. There a lot of women there. It was such a neat thing to attend.


Laurie, Kelly,Me

I feel this is a good time to insert how happy I was to be with two of my best friends. These girls are great and funny and since I've been in Little Rock I've missed them terribly. I had the best time talking and laughing with them ALL weekend.


Here we are again with our "new" friend Jill. Although I actually met her a week ago. She's WONDERFUL. I just love her!



During our lunch break we headed over to the other side of the campus to meet some other "bloggers". I have "known" Fran through the blog world for a while now and she's great! She captured my heart when I learned she was a Razorback fan living in Tennessee. As she put it "we are bonded through the Hogs and Jesus"...or something like that. It was also great to meet Robyn as well. She's such a neat, funny, person! These are both great ladies.


The conference was really good even though I was so tired! The thing that hit me the most was when Beth said "insecurity is self-idolatry." Wow! How true and convicting is that?! Since I only read three chapters of the book before I left (shame) I am excited to get started on it again.

After the conference we inched along in traffic and made our way to Copeland's. Delicious. It was such a fun time. We all were able to talk and laugh and enjoy ourselves.


There are a few people in the picture that I haven't been able to mention yet. Jill also had her sister Joy (black and white stripes), and mom (not in the photo) with her. They rode in the car with Laurie, Amanda, Faith, and myself. They are such great ladies. I was thrilled to have them. Also pictured is on of Jennifer's friends (brown and white top) from OBU who just happens to be one of the cutest things I've ever seen. And last but not least is Mandi (in the tan shirt). She is so sweet and has the cutest boys. Oh my word! I was so happy to be able to meet her.

The whole time in planning this weekend I imagined after dinner we'd all go back to the hotel and meet up with other blogger friends. Well, it didn't happen like that. When we got back to the hotel Kelly, Laurie, Amanda, and I sat down in our living room and started talking. We kept intending to go hang out with the others but we just kept on talking. Before we knew it everyone else had gone to bed. Sometimes things don't work out like you plan. I hate to have missed out on meeting other bloggers but I loved spending more quality time with my friends.

The next morning we got up early and headed to the airport. It was sad saying goodbye to Caroline, Jenna, and Faith. I would love to have brought them back to Arkansas with us.



Our flight back was a lot better than the one to ATL. We were all anxious to get back so we could enjoy lunch together before heading home. We unanimously decided on Cantina Laredo at Branson Landing. It was so good!

Jennifer and Kelly

Amanda, Me, Laurie
After lunch I had to say goodbye to my friends and my fun weekend and head back to Little Rock. I was sad to leave but excited to get home and see Josh. I will forever be thankful for the fun weekend I had. It's just what I needed. I can't wait until the next time I get to hang out with the girls again.
Now...I need to get all the laundry done and get packed before I leave for NYC early Thursday morning. I can't wait!

11 comments:

Jodee said...

Wow! It looks like you had a fabulous weekend! Great pictures!

P.S. I love your blog design!

Megan said...

I am so glad you got to spend some quality time with your IRL best friends! How sweet is that! I'm still sad we didn't get to meet up, but I completely understand. The self-idoltary part was what stuck out to me the most also! I'm still processing that one!

Fran said...

I can't tell you how thrilled I was to finally meet you!!! I've loved you from the very beginning and just know that we would be instant BFF's if we lived near one another. ;) But,yes....we have some Razorbacks and some Jesus. What else is there?

You are beautiful and charming and I'm honored to know you.

Have a fabulous week. And you are a stinker for going to the big apple.

Hugs,
Fran

Betsy said...

Hillary I had so much fun meeting you this weekend!! I'm so glad you got some good friend time too!! You are just as sweet and cute as can be! I hope you have a great week back to reality! Haha xoxoxo

Laurie said...

I miss you! You are sooooo funny!

Lauren said...

Love your recap!!!! Loved meeting you and so glad you had a wonderful weekend with the girls!!! :)

Jill said...

So glad we met up before the conference! I just love you and all of those NWA girls!! You're all so much fun. :)

Have a great week, girl!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Great pictures...and sounds like a GREAT time.

I wanted to go so badly but had a wedding...so am living it vicariously through all the blogs...

Love your blog design....

Faith said...

I'm loving all these recaps, even though they are making me miss you guys even more! I had so much fun with y'all. I just realized though that I don't think I have a picture of the two of us together - can't believe we didn't get one!

Excited about the next time we are all able to meet up!!

Kelly said...

Move to NWA ASAP!

Aishlea said...

It was so nice to meet you in Atlanta! You all were so sweet! :)