Thursday, February 11, 2010

Better Get Started

When I first heard about Beth Moore's new book, So Long Insecurity I KNEW I had to have it. I mean who doesn't struggle with insecurity?!?

At first I remember thinking, "Wow, this will be a great read and one I'm sure I can use." I think now having really thought about "insecurity" I realize I'm about to get myself into something big. I started thinking about the areas of my life affected by insecurity and looks like just about everything comes back to it in some way or fashion. Whoa. How is that? I guess it has been such a part of my life that I assumed it was natural. Hello?!?!? It is so not the way to live and I KNOW God did not intend us to be prisioners of it. He calls us to live lives of freedom and by golly that's how we should live. Do you realize how being free from the "I" word could totally change your life, relationships, ministry, etc? Thank goodness Josh was willing to pick me up a copy last night after work (I should probably work on patience too because I didn't want to wait for it to come in the mail). I'm so excited and nervous to get started. I encourage all of you to get a copy yourself and get busy reading.

As if reading the book itself isn't enough. God has so graciously provided a way for me to get to see and hear Beth herself talk on the subject in April in Atlanta. I'm still shocked that the desire to share in that has become a reality. How amazing to be a part of that and to be able to experience it with so many other believers who struggle with the same thing!

Oh just wait...that's not it. Not only do I get to see Beth in April I get to meet lots of fun bloggers I have loved for a long time. Bloggers are such a neat community and the thought of meeting some that I've spent so long reading about is beyond me. I can hardly contain myself.

And I've saved the best to last...Not only do I get to see Beth speak on inseurity, and not only do I get to meet some fun bloggers, I get to travel and spend time with a couple of my best friends who I hardly get to see anymore. You can't possibly know how much it means to me. Once I moved to Little Rock I left some really close friends behind and entered into a new chapter of my life as a minister's wife. I love my life but as some of you can guess when you're in the ministry there isn't always the opportunity to get super close to people. It's almost like there's always a line you shouldn't cross in order to protect yourself, your husband, and your ministry. Because of that, at times its been hard being away from the people who know me the best (Thank goodness the Lord saw favor on me and made sure I had at least one good friend, a minister's wife no less, here with me along the way). So I feel like I need to hear about insecurity and I need to meet other bloggers but I also need a good girls weekend away.

So having said all that I'm beyond excited about going to Atlanta in April. There are still a few overflow tickets left so if you can go you really go. I know there are also churches hosting simulcasts of the event so if you can't make it to Atlanta I'm sure there is a church near you where you could go see Beth speak.

I will let you know how the book is going as I work my way through it.

On a TOTALLY different note I finally started twittering on my twitter account I set up a long time ago and I'm addicted. Not sure why I feel the need to tell you this. Maybe its simply a confession on my part. It's just been a lot of fun lately!

Ok. Enough for today. I'll be back to post again soon.

8 comments:

Tricia Nae said...

I'm going to get the book this weekend. Lord knows I need A LOT of work in this area. I so wish I was able to go to Atlanta. I know y'all will have such an amazing time!! I'm going to try and find a church here that is doing the simulcast!!

Laurie said...

Great post and I am so excited for April to come!!!!!!!

Lauren said...

I know you ladies are going to have a blast and can’t wait to meet you!! :)

Faith said...

My copy came today!

I'm so excited about the awesome time we are going to have in April!!!

Lexie said...

I've heard of her but never read anything she's done. Do you have your twitter acct. on your blog? Is that possible? I think I've seen that before on other blogs

Megan said...

I started reading the book this week and I love it so much. It is revealing so many areas of insecurity that I didn't even know I had. Crazy how that happens!! I'm excited for April. The conference is going to be amazing!!

Fran said...

I cannot wait to hug your sweet neck in April!!!! You are precious and I've loved getting to know you!

Hugs,
Fran

Jill said...

I'm also in Little Rock and a minister's wife...reading what you said about being in the ministry is so true. Atlanta should be fun and no doubt Beth will bring it - as always!! :)