Saturday, December 5, 2009

So Thankful

OK, so this Thanksgiving post is a little late but better late than never, right? Normally we celebrate the holiday with my mom's side of the family and Josh's mom's side of the family but this year we changed things up a bit. We decided to head to Tennessee to see my dad's family. Although we missed everyone here in Arkansas we had a WONDERFUL time while we were away. We stayed at my dad's brother's house while we were there. My Aunt Hansi is a great hostess and had everything just perfect upon our arrival. Thanksgiving morning we woke up and went to see my grandparents.


I went in my pjs. Looking good.
My mom and dad with my Nanny and Papa

I think you know who these two nuts are.

After visiting with them we headed back to my Aunt and Uncle's house so we could help her get the turkey out and prepped. My he was a BIG turkey.
Hansi and Josh with THE Turkey
Josh and his buddy
All ready to go!
I can't believe I didn't take a picture of him after he cooked in the oven for hours. He sure was pretty. And tasted even better.
Aunt Hansi, Mom, Nanny

Courtney and Josh. Check out the fire, Ahhhh...


Uncle Dale and Dad

HBJ

Here's one of the pretty tables all set. My cousin's wife Mary Beth and her mom did a great job on the arrangement. There was another smaller table that was super cute too. I can't BELIEVE I didn't take any pictures of my cousin, his wife and their ADORABLE little girl, Avery. I'm trying to talk Mary Beth into starting a blog and if she does I'll send you her way.
Seriously, A perfect holiday and we hope to do it again soon. Thanks for such a wonderful time!
Once we got back from our short road trip we,

Worked a puzzle and

celebrated my dad's birthday. What a great ending to a great weekend.
And for an added bonus look at these two hotties.


6 comments:

Kelly said...

Hillary- you look so pretty!
And it's a Christmas miracle - you have updated!!! :-)

Um....Hansi - that's an "H" name I haven't heard before. I'll put it on the list! :-)

Laurie said...

Looks like a lot of fun! You look soooo good! I look forward to seeing you soon!

Katie said...

Love the update. ; ) I love your red vest! Miss you.

Lauren said...

You look great Hillary and so glad you had a good Thanksgiving!! :)

Rebekah said...

Hillary! You look so pretty! Love you in red! Glad you had a good thanksgiving!

Jenna said...

Sounds like the perfect thanksgiving! So glad you guys had a great time.