Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Cupcakes

As most of you know I LOVE cupcakes. I think they are my favorite food. It's like a little piece of heaven in your mouth. Well several years ago I came across a recipe that is sooooo good. It's from Southern Living and any time I make these for people they are a huge hit. They can be a little annoying the first time you make them but once you get your own plan of attack lined out they aren't bad at all. They are called Choco Cupcakes. I've included a few pictures of the process and the recipe will follow.



Voila!
Choco Cupcakes
  • one package chocolate cake mix
  • 3 large eggs
  • 1 1/4 cups water
  • 1/2 c vegetable oil
  • 1 cup (6 oz) milk chocolate chips
  • chocolate filing*
  • butter cream frosting

Beat first four ingredients at low speed for 2 minutes then at medium speed for 3 minutes. Stir in chocolate chips. Spoon batter into lined muffin cups. Bake at 350* for 15 minutes (do not over bake). Remove from oven. Make a small indention in the center of each (I use a knife and rotate it so it makes a nice hole) hot cupcake. Spoon in 1-2 teaspoons chocolate filling*. Remove from pans, let cool completely, and add frosting.

Chocolate filling

  • 1 cup (6 oz) milk chocolate chips
  • 1.4 c. heavy whipping cream
  • 2 Tbsp butter

Combine ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook on low heat, stirring constantly until blended.

I'm serious, these cupcakes are wonderful and fun to decorate. I hope you enjoy them!!

OK and last but not least...I have LOVED getting such fun Christmas cards this season. I have arranged and rearranged my bulletin board to make sure I can see each person on there. I wanted to take a picture and share it with you.

And yes, that is a card from Dave Ramsey on the bottom. We got one because we attended Financial Peace University. I added it to the board as a reminded of how far Josh and I have come and to help keep us motivated to keep it up.

And when I got to my parent's house to update the blog I had another ADORABLE card in the mail. I didn't want you to miss out on it so I took a picture.

My aunt and uncle sent a card of their two grand babies who are two of the cutest babies I'v ever seen. I told Josh I hope that means we might have cute kids too. :)
Hope you all have a Merry Christmas! I know you're a little spoiled to my 3 posts in 3 days but it will probably be a few days before I get back on here. See you soon!





4 comments:

TriciaNae said...

oh my goodness...those cupcakes look delicious!! and...i love your display of all the photo cards...i put mine up all over our mirror in the dining room...they make me smile!! so funny that you got one from dave ramsey...we didn't. he must know we didn't do the program that well..hahaha

Lauren said...

Yummmmmm!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas, girl!!!! :)

Southern Shop Girls said...

I made your cupcakes and they were soooo good!
Thanks!

JLD

Rebekah said...

Oh Hillary...your cupcakes are still one of my favs! That and the lasagna! Hope you had a merry christmas! I love getting Christmas cards too! Ya'lls was so pretty!