Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Tuesday Updates

UPDATE: Check out Shannon's blog for a great update!

UPDATE 5:00 pm Went to see Katie at the hospital this afternoon. I was glad to see that she looked better than she did the last time I saw her. I always feel better when I can see her in person. She's still in a lot of pain but her dad says they are having to use less of the pain medication so that is a good sign. She had an ultrasound today and Reese is doing fine. She weighs 2 pounds, 3 ounces and is 26 weeks and 4 days old. Katie wasn't able to get the MRI done today but pray the doctors will be able to do it soon. Katie is simply tired of all the tests, questions, etc. Her EEG will be on until tomorrow so we'll know more about the results then. Right now we're simply waiting for more answers. I am confident that we'll get them soon.

UPDATE 9:25 am: Just got another phone call from Mandy. The neurologist came in this morning to check Katie. Her white blood cell count is down so that is good news (less infection). He is still concerned as to why she isn't responding to the meds. He's order and extensive EEG today to monitor her brain and he hopes to do an MRI. They are also going to put in a PIC line today so that they don't have to keep sticking her to get blood and things. Mandy said the family loves the doctor. He's really good with Katie and is really aggressive about figuring out what is wrong. There are still LOTS of things to pray for but also praise God for the "baby victories" that He's given. I know the family, and all of us, needed a small glimmer of hope. Today is mainly a day of test so there might not be many updates until later.

7:15 am :I just got off the phone with Mandy. Katie had a good night last night! PRAISE JESUS! The nurse said that she has noticed a lot of improvement in the last 12 hours just in how she is resting and things like that. The neurologist is planning to do an MRI today. He is supposed to be in this morning and we'll know more then. I'll post an update when I hear from Mandy again. Keep those prayers coming!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

oh thank goodness for a little good news.............i hope we get more today. praying, praying, praying

Virginia said...

That's great news. I'm so glad she's getting some rest. Praying with you.

Jennifer said...

Hillary,

Thanks for keeping everyone posted. We really appreciate it.

Candy Johnson said...

Hillary, if there is anything we can do, please let us know. Kyle is on the fence as to whether or not he should fly home to be there for Jason. If you know of anything we can do, please call or email.

I know this is hard for you too. Hang in there, and if you do see Katie, give her a big ol' kiss from the Johnsons.

candy
candicejohnson.ar@gmail.com

Megan said...

Very good. Any improvement is very good. Still praying.

walkers said...

h- if you talk to katie again, please tell her that our family is praying for her. my heart aches that she is going through this, and pregnant! please keep the updates coming!

Rachel www.jackandcoledesigns.com said...

I found your blog from Kellys blog.

My husband had meningitis last month and it was horrible. I couldn't bare to see him in that much pain.

I am praying for Katie.. I can't imagine dealing with that and being pregnant.