Monday, March 2, 2009

Off To Grammy's We Go

Let me start off by saying I had one of the best weekends I've had in a long time!! Josh and I loaded up the car on Friday and headed to Hot Springs to spend the weekend with my best friends from high school (and a few husbands joined us as well). We all met in town for dinner then headed to Grammy and Grampy's house (they belong to Katie's husband).
Friday night we sat around and talked, played games, and ate some wonderful brownies that Jenny made.

Here we are before an intense game of Catch Phrase.

Jenny...you spoiled me with the brownies!

After a late night of fun on Friday we all went to bed and woke up the next morning to the wonderful aroma of a homemade breakfast.

Grammy and Grampy went all out and served us up a delicious meal!

Here we are deciding who was going to pray by using the "thumbs up" method.

After breakfast the boys got all dressed up to go play outside.

First they rode four wheelers in the frigid weather.

There they go!!

While they were gone the girls sat around and talked, laughed, talked, laughed, and played games. First we started of with a "question" game. As you can see it had some interesting questions.

Next we moved on to Apples to Apples. I like this game. There is very little thought involved but if you play it right there can be lots of laughs.

Jenny and Katie getting it all set up.

At this point in the days the guys had made their way back in from outside but decided they still needing to do some more manly activities.

We were playing our game right inside this window and the gun shots scared us half to death.

Boys will be boys!

After a wonderful day of relaxing we got ready and headed out for dinner.

Josh, Jason, and Brad

My hubby and Me

Sarah, Jenny, Me, Katie, Laura

The whole gang!!

What a great time I had with some great friends. God was so good to give us this opportunity to spend time together. I can't wait to do it again!!!

11 comments:

Laurie said...

That looks like a really fun weekend. I look forward to seeing you soon.

Kelly said...

What a fun weekend - I'm glad ya'll get to get together and now your husbands get to join in the fun!!! You and Josh are cute.

Melissa said...

What a fun weekend!! I love apples to apples. We always play it with Bobby's family and have tons of laughs. Don't you just love weekends like that?!!

Jenna said...

How fun is that?!? There are few things better than getting together with old friends! Glad ya'll had a great time!

Lauren said...

Awwww, so glad you had such a nice weekend!!!! :o) Looks like a fun time with GREAT company!!!! You and Josh are soooo cute!!!

ashleydiggs said...

OH my! Thumbs up to see who prays! It's been forever since I've embarked on that journey. I wonder what my hubby would do if I tried that out tomorrow for lunch!

Shannon said...

Awww, I miss Grammy and Grampy! I loved seeing the picture of them. I haven't seen them in a long time!

Looks like ya'll had fun!

Katie said...

Let's do it again SOON!

Leigh Ann said...

That looks SO fun. Ok, Grammy and Grampy are SOOOOO cute!

Megan L Hutchings said...

How much fun!!! It cracks me up that boys always need to play with toys while girls just love to talk :)!

Joanne@ Blessed... said...

What are you trying to do to me? It is 8pm here in California and after seeing that moist gooey brownie, I'm gonna have to blame you for eating a hot fudge sundae right now!