Wednesday, March 25, 2009

NWA Tour of Favorites

What a GREAT weekend I had (sorry I'm just now posting it)!! I was able to head up to NWA (Northwest Arkansas for those of you who aren't from around here). Josh was taking our youth on a mission trip and since I couldn't be gone a week I thought it would be a good time to enjoy some of my NWA favorites. I started off the tour by meeting Kelly and Laurie for breakfast.

I stole this picture from Kelly because my camera battery died! Oh my! That must be a blogger violation or something.

This truly is one of my favorite things. In fact it is one of the things I miss the most. Laurie, Kelly, and I used to meet up fairly often for breakfast. Most of the time we went to Cracker Barrel because it was halfway between us. And because they would always say, "Cracker Barrel welcomes..." when your table was ready. Ahh, good times. Anyway, I had the BEST time with my friends. They always put a smile on my face. In case you didn't know those girls are two of the funniest people I know. Seriously, the things that come out of Laurie's mouth are so funny and unpredictable. She kept Kelly and I rolling! And Kelly is so witty. I love those two nuts very much and am so glad that we're still such great friends after all these years.

After leaving K and L I continued the tour at Katie and Zach's house. Again, the camera wasn't working so I didn't get any pics. So sad. Let me just tell you though, I had a great time. The last time I saw Zach he was just learning to walk so he had NO desire to be held. This time was different. As soon as he came out of his chair he wanted me to hold him and I gladly obliged. He is so sweet and funny. He has this thing where he will just bust out in laughter at the drop of the hat. He's my bud and I love him so. I was so thankful to be able to play with him aka dodge the balls he threw at me. He's such a big boy. I remember when we was born...so little, and quiet, and still. Now he is all boy and I love watching him go.

I can't forget to mention how great it was to see Katie too! She is certainly a NWA favorite and I couldn't be up there without seeing her. She such a wonderful friend and a GREAT mom! Seriously...I knew she would be but just seeing her in action is awesome! Katie, I hope I can be as good of a mom as you are.

After I left Katie and Zach I headed to my friend Shannon's where I would spend the rest of the weekend. She has recently gotten a new condo and I couldn't wait to see it. It was soooo cute!!

I need to note that before I arrived at her place I stopped and picked us up another NWA favorite. For lunch we had Thai Crunch salads from Market Place Express. Oh so good! I used to get these all the time and I had missed them so.

Here is Shannon in her cute kitchen.

The rest of the weekend we watched some March Madness and kept up with our brackets. What a fun relaxing afternoon. When it came time for dinner I already knew what I wanted:

Guido's pizza!!!!!!!! Again, another favorite. I crave it a lot and knew it was a must have. After dinner we watched MORE basketball then went to bed. A perfect day indeed. Sunday before I headed back there was one more stop to make. A trip to NWA wouldn't be complete without a stop at Bizy's.

These are Shannon's parents. They own Bizy's and do a great job. If you are EVER in NWA, for a game or whatever, you NEED to go by there. They have great lunches and dinners as well as a fabulous breakfast/brunch. Perfect for game days.

The NWA Tour of Favorites ended there and then I headed back to LR. What a great time I had. I have some amazing friends there and it was wonderful to see them all again. Just what I needed. Looking forward to my next trip. I think it will be soon.

On another note, Josh is away with our youth and I miss him so much. I don't think I like being left at home. I wanted to go but my vacation time at work isn't that flexible. I hope that one day I'll be able to go on all these fun trips with him. Being home without him is no fun at all.

7 comments:

Laurie said...

You are the funny one! I had THE BEST time Sat. I love you and miss you so much!

Jennifer said...

Such a fun weekend! Bizy's is one of our favorites up here!

Lauren said...

Awww, looks like you had an awesome time. Nothing beats GREAT times with friends :o)

Katie said...

Awww...Hil, you're so sweet. I'm trying! You'll be a GREAT Mom, too, whenever you have kiddos. ; )

Keep busy and this week will fly by without Josh.

Zach misses throwing balls at you. ; ) I'm glad you had a great weekend!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Even though you had to be away from Josh, it sounds like a visit from your NWA friends came at just the right time :)!

I hope one day I will get to meet all of the AR bloggers. You are all such wonderful people :)!

Jenna said...

What a GREAT way to spend the weekend!!! I loved your recap - it made me smile from all the fun!!

Anonymous said...

What a fun time. I ESPECIALLY love the pic of you with your pizza. (and brackets). That is something I would do! YUMMO!