Saturday, March 7, 2009

I've Been Betrayed...

...by the scales! So yesterday was the weigh-day and I was UP 1.2 pounds! Are you kidding me? First of all I should admit that last weekend while visiting with friends I ate yummy foods high in fat in calories. I must have sabotaged myself with that. BUT on the other hand the rest of the week I worked hard to get these pounds off.
  • Josh and I went to the gym 3 times this week (we hope to go more next week)
  • I was faithful to take the 4 flights of stairs at work...multiple times a day.
  • I ate fresh fruit for snacks...oranges, strawberries, and a few grapes (grapes are higher in calories so I limited myself)
  • I counted my calories and made sure I stayed within my limit
  • I said no to "second helpings"
  • Overall I just felt good and felt like I had lost weight

At first I was really bummed about it but then I made a choice to move on. It's just one of those things. I'm going to keep doing what I did last week, drink lots of water, and trust the scales will do what they need to do. It's a proven fact, if you burn more energy than you consume you'll lose weight. I BETTER!! So yesterday...I gave myself a little freedom yesterday. You have to allow yourself some splurges or you'll go nuts. My splurge came from,

Also...I have a daily dieter's devotion e-mailed to me every day. It's really short but most of the time it says something I need to keep in mind while on this journey of weight loss. If you're interested it you can go here to subscribe. It's free and they have a ton of other good devotionals too.

10 comments:

Jennifer said...

You know what you may want to try instead of doing the scale thing. A friend of mine suggested this and it worked well for me. :) Take a pair of jeans, shorts, or other pants that you like that are a bit 'snug' and then keep them handy. Try these on at the end of each week. That'll show inches off too. Sometimes with weight loss the number can be confused by muscle gain. :) Hope you don't mind me sharing that. :) Have a great weekend!

Kelly said...

YOu are doing great - don't be discouraged! I already think you are skinny and HOT! :-)

Jordan said...

At least you gained a small amount that you can always lose! Don't let it get you down, keep trying hard! =]

Jenna said...

Ugh! I know how frustrating that is, but you are doing GREAT!!!

Shannon said...

Maggie Moos!!!!! I haven't been there in forever!!! I may have to use my b-day coupon in there today! :) Keep up the good work, it will pay off. Way to go on the gym, I'm super impressed!

Lauren said...

Girl, you're going to get there, and you have us rooting you on :o)

Leigh Ann said...

Maybe you are losing inches since you are working out and the gain was from muscle mass.

ashleydiggs said...

I'm going with Leigh Ann on the muscle! I have to get back into my routine of going to the gym REGULARLY! I love the gym we go to, I just love the bed a little bit more! :-)

Anonymous said...

Your blog is too cute!!!

And I have had weeks like that....thought I did good and WHAM! I gained!
I hated that!!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Maggie Moo's sounds so GOOD! You are doing fabulous ;)!