Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Siesta Summer Bible Study

Last night Shannon hosted our first Siesta Summer Bible Study. This is a study Beth Moore and her blog world are participating in this summer. I'm really excited about it. First thing we did was eat dinner (very yummy!), then watched a video Beth posted on her blog...


Elizabeth and Shannon

...and then we got down to business. Our first meeting was just the introduction so there was lots of extra time to chit chat about "other" things.

Shannon, Me (yes I did wear this outfit on Saturday), Katie

I can't wait to get started in my book today! The Bible study is set up so we meet every other Tuesday. That means we have to have two weeks of lessons done when we meet again! Yikes! I better get busy. I think this is just what I need at this time in my life.

9 comments:

Katie said...

It's just what I need, too! Some time with the LORD and of course, seeing my Ruby Whack!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I am so happy that you are finding time to do a Bible Study amongst the craziness of wedding planning =)! I am sure it will make things that more enjoyable!

Kelly said...

So fun - I wish I could do that with ya'll!!!!

Heather said...

How do you like No Other Gods? I'm going through it too, and so far, I'm loving it! How fun that you get to do it with your girlfriends!! I'm praying for your house to sell!! Any update?

Rebekah said...

SO, fun!!! I wish I had a group of girlies down here in good ole Waco to do it with!!!

Francine said...

That is so cool i am doing this too in Atlanta,GA by myself though. How awesome..small world..
hugs,
francine

Fran said...

Just too too cute y'all are!! :)

I'm doing Jesus the One and Only this SUmmer...I think it will be a good one too! :)

Hope you are well. Have a great weekend.
Love,
Fran

magnoliabelle said...

That sounds like fun! I love summer bible studies. I think this is the first summer I haven't done one in years and I so miss it! Keep us posted...

Betsy said...

That sounds really fun! Beth Moore studies are so intense, but they are so rewarding!