Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Alvin and Some Wedding Planning

I went to Little Rock again this past weekend. Josh was a groomsman in a wedding. He was so gracious to let me skip out on the rehearsal dinner so my mom and I could do some wedding errands. We went to Hobby Lobby and got things for my wedding/guest book (half off...I love that place). Then we went to the mall for a few things. After that we came home and spent a good majority of our time watching Alvin...or Simon...we're not sure which one.


Here's the little chipmunk in the food my mom left outside.




Here he is stuffing his cheeks.



And here he is ready to devour the pile mom set out for him. He should be set for winter!

After we watched Alvin for a while we looked through old pictures. We're trying to get some together for the slide show that will run at our wedding. We aren't going to have one set to music or anything. We're just going to loop one for a little while on one of the receptions walls. If people want to look at it they can and if not they don't have to.


I love this picture!

Saturday we got up and around so we could go do a few things before Josh had to be at the church for pictures. Our goal was to get the suits ordered for the groomsman. I'm really excited about the ones we picked because they were buy one get one FREE!!

After that we dropped Josh off and went to eat and do some more things before I had to get ready for the wedding.

Mom and Dad at Buffalo Grill
The rest of the day mom and dad drove all over Arkansas (well just Searcy and North Little Rock but my sister went to Ft. Smith) to round up enough ties for all the men in the wedding. I found the one I wanted and so we had to get them fast! Josh and I missed out on all that because were at his best friend's wedding.

Isn't he handsome?
Then on Sunday mom and I headed to Paris, AR to meet with Scott, our florist. He is great! We talked with him for 3 HOURS but we got it all settled. It's going to really pretty and I can't WAIT!!!!!!!!
And I'm sure I will have more to report on the wedding front soon. My mom is coming up to Fayetteville today and we're going to spend today and all day tomorrow working on some things! Only 101 days left!

12 comments:

Kelly said...

101 days!!!!!! YEAY!!!!!!

You look so pretty in that picture! I love your dress!! Ya'll are such a cute couple!

I'll stand and watch your slideshow!!!!

Have fun with your mom!!!! Tell her I said hi!

Jenna said...

Fun times!!! I loved seeing all of the pics. And I would totally watch your slideshow if I were at your wedding. I LOVE those things. :) Ok, I have said LOVE a lot in this comment, but I have to say it one last time about that cute dress!! Adorable! Y'all are such a pretty couple!

Leigh Ann said...

It will be here before you know it! You are so lucky to have such a great family that will drive three cities for you! I think your mom and dad look alike. Does anyone else ever say that???

Serah said...

I love that dress, too! Where did you get it?

Megan said...

What a cute little chipmunk. I like the suit/tie idea for Josh and his groomsmen. And I like the dress you wore to his best friend's wedding.

Megan L Hutchings said...

This is so exciting! Your wedding day will be here before you know it ;)! Your family is so nice to do all of the running around for you...then again it is all about you when it comes to getting married!

Love the pic of you and Scott! My best friend has that dress!

RRR said...

I was so excited when it was 100 days till the wedding and now it is almost just 50 days. It goes by very quickly! Have fun planning!

Melissa said...

I love that dress! Yall are so cute together!! Good luck on the planning. How's the house coming along? I'm hoping it sells quick!

The Bunch Fam! said...

I am laughing at the chipmunk...love him!!!! I want to come watch him stuff his cheeks...

You are so organized with all the wedding stuff...I am so impressed!!

Let me know when you are back in town.

Julie said...

It sounds like you are getting quite a lot done!!! I cannot wait to see some pictures.

The Bunch Fam! said...

OK, so the other day, Jenny asks me what a rat looks like. You can imagine the horror and questions that went through my mind..."Did Annabelle bring something in and leave it, dead, on the kitchen floor...?" "Did she run over a cat and want to make herself believe it was a rat...?"

As luck would have it, it was only a chipmunk she saw frolicking outside the NURSERY windows. Thank God.

Anonymous said...

Just surfing around and found you.. My husband is from Arkansas so when I see another "hog" no offense.... I check it out. Love your puppy. We have a yorkie too! Nice to meet you, Susie h