Monday, April 14, 2008

Uneventful

As far as my weekend is concerned it was pretty uneventful! Which these days is a HUGE blessing!


When I got home from work I saw that my order from Amazon had arrived! I was soooo happy! It was only one day earlier I got the confirmation e-mail it had shipped so I really wasn't expecting it for another day or so. I ordered 3 things but I can only show you two. The third one is a surprise for my bridesmaids! Here are two things I am very excited about:

A Maui guide book and a cupcake cake pan!

HELLO?!?!? How great are these? First of all, Kelly told me this book would be very useful in planning our honeymoon to Maui. I'm very excited to go through it! Oh, and a cupcake cake pan! Are you kidding? How great is that?!? I can't wait to make my first cake. I'll be sure to post pictures.

And then on Saturday, another surprise!

Josh and I were sitting on my couch using our laptops. Dueling laptops is what I like to call it. He was working on his church calendar and I was messing around on the world wide web. Of course I decided I needed to check my registry to see if anyone had purchased anything. I was making my way through them when I squealed with excitement! Someone had purchased us the crock pot I picked out.

I shared my excitement with Josh then called my mother. I think my mom was more excited than Josh was. She can understand how great a crock pot is. And how great getting my first mark in the "purchased" category on my registry is. After I got off the phone I talked to Josh about who I thought it could be. During our conversation my mom called me back. Guess what? They JUST delivered a package to me! Wooohoo! My crock pot had arrived and Josh's family in Texas were the ones behind the great gift! I was, and still am, so excited! I can't wait to go home next week and open it!

Sorry for the lack of excitement and pictures from this weekend! I'm sure I'll make up for it soon! My weekends are about to be full of excitement for the next 5 months. Ready or not here it comes!

19 comments:

RRR said...

We are going to Maui on our honeymoon too! That would be crazy if it was at the same time!
I got SO excited when I saw the first gift had been purchaced from our registry. It was a cake stand!

Kelly said...

Yeay - your first wedding gift!!! How exciting!!!!!
I love the cupcake pan - SO YOU!!!!
And that book will be so helpful to you! We have had our Kauai books out the last few days - trying to plan!
And what is the surprise for the bridesmaids? I'm dying to know!!!!

Heather said...

The cupcake pan is so cute. I love getting stuff in the mail, and I love it even more when it comes earlier than they say it will!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

From queso to roast, you will LOVE that crockpot!

And will you post a picture of your cupcake cake when you make it?

RachelM said...

Maui will be amazing! I've never been but I just know it will be!
I love your cake pan. Can't wait for pics!
I did the same thing, checked through my registry to see if anything else had been purchased. It was so fun!!! Love your crock pot!

Melissa said...

YAY!! I love my crock pot! It will come in handy during football and baseball season, so easy!!!

Caroline said...

oooooo yes the maui trip....between you and Kelly and these Hawaii trips....i am dying to go!!!!!!!

I am so excited about your big wedding gift. It looks like a great one. I use mine a lot...roast and potatoes !!!!YUM YUM

hope you have a great week!

btw- are you still getting headaches?

Julie said...

I hope you don't mind I stopped by.

I've read some of your past posts to catch up. I think it is wonderful your parents went with you to register. It's good to have some advice.

I love my crockpot and try to use it often!!! It really helps save time on cooking dinner because it is cooking it for you while you are at work!!!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

There is nothing better than checking your registry only to find that items have been purchased! I absolutely LOVE the cupcake pan...so adorable!

Unknown said...

I love the cupcake pan that is the greatest. Congrats on the crock pot they are so useful.

The Hickmans said...

Yay- your first registry gift! I love uneventful weekends sometimes!!

Katie said...

YEA! How much fun!!

Leigh Ann said...

Yeah! So fun. A crock pot is a MUST! I'm so jealous of Maui! What a perfect honeymoon spot, and I'm sure Kelly will give you lots of tips!

Leigh Ann said...

Oh, and that cake pan...LOVE IT!

Laurie said...

I love your new cupcake pan! You are going to LOVE that crockpot! I used to check my wedding registry everyday. I was addicted.

Jennifer said...

I love that crock pot that you selected. Mine is the 'old style' with some sort of pattern. I would love a stainless or red crock. These are fabulous for making so many things. You will love it, especially on busy days!

Megan said...

Checking our registries was fun for me, but Charlie thought it was cheating. OH well! We used a Frommer's Guide to Maui.

Shannon said...

Ooooo a surprise!?! I love the cake pan and the crockpot!

Serah said...

I love that cupcake pan! I need to go look at Amazon for one of my own!

I always checked our registries, too, to see if anyone had bought anything. DH thought that was spoiling the surprise, but I didn't. Have fun!