Thursday, April 17, 2008

Every Girl Wants To Be A Princess

It is true isn't? Every girl does want to be a princess! It doesn't really matter how old you are! Well, lucky for me I was able to do just that! I'm sharing the following story with you because it is somewhat the beginning of a beautiful friendship I have with Mike and Brooke. Why am I telling you about them? Well first of all because I love and adore them (as well as their two children) but also because Mike has agreed to perform our wedding ceremony. Not only that but he and Brooke are going to help Josh and I in our "premarital planning." We start this weekend!

Here's the story!

Two years ago my friend Shannon and I were faithful to support our church's softball team by attending the games and cheering them on. One of the players on the team was Mike. I had seen him before because he is very involved in our church. He serves as a deacon, sings in the choir, sings in ensembles, helps with the youth, and pretty much does whatever is needed. Brooke, his better half, was always at the games to support her husband and the other men playing. It was through that she and I began a friendship. I immediately took a liking to her because was spunky, sassy, and funny...just like me! :) I hadn't really known her all that well when she asked if I would help her out with her daughter's birthday party. Before realizing what was really in store I said yes. It was then I realized she wanted me to dress up like a Disney Princess. She kept telling me I didn't have do it and that she knew she was asking a lot of me. Are you kidding? An excuse to dress up like a princess. That doesn't come around every day...unless you're a child and then it is completely acceptable. I kept telling her I would love to and then began searching for my costume. We decided Cinderella was a good choice! I was going to go to the local consignment stores and see if I could make something work but decided it would be easier and much more authentic if I ordered a costume online. And so I did!

Don't mind the dark roots!

I wish I had a picture of my other partners in crime! I'll try to get it scanned in so you can all see it. My friend Sarah was Snow White and my friend Audra was Belle. It really was a great party! And of course Brooke wanted each girl to feel like a princess but she also wanted them all to know that being a princess means we belong to The King! Our roles as the featured guests were to read this story:

18 comments:

Caroline said...

oooooooooooooo
SO FUN SO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Hickmans said...

How fun- that is so great!!

Jennifer said...

How fun! You make an amazing Cinderella!

Heather said...

Oh my goodness!!! How fun. You make an absolutely wonderful Cinderella. That is way too cute!

Laurie said...

You are a beautiful Cinderella. I will have to show Emily these pictures. That is a wonderful book!

Melissa said...

CUTE!!! That looks like a fun party idea!

Leigh Ann said...

How sweet! You made a great Cinderella. I want to do that! Do you think Derek would be okay if I just wore it around the house?!

Kelly said...

You made such a pretty Cinderella!!! I can't wait to hear how the counseling goes. :-)

RachelM said...

What a great idea for a birthday party! You look great as Cinderella!

walkers said...

you are the cutest cinderella ever-you should take the outfit on your honeymoon:)

Brittney said...

SO cute! Brooklynn LOVES Cinderella. We saw some girls dressed up for prom last weekend while we were eating out. Her eyes got huge when she saw them and she whispered "Princess!". Every girl wants to be a princess (big or small).

Britney said...

2 things! you're a beautiful Cinderalla and why in the world do you have braces? your teeth are PERFECT!!!???

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Pen Drive, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://pen-drive-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Hillary said...

Faith-
Thanks for the compliment about my teeth. I had braces the first time and got them taken off the first time. This time wasn't because of crooked teeth but because of needed space for implants. Two of my top teeth are primary teeth but in order to get them taken care of I need to have more room at the top!
It is quite aggrivating but every day I'm one day closer!

Hillary said...

Ok, so the comment I left doesn't make a lot of sense! I think I added a few too many words and maybe left a couple out!

Staci said...

This is the cutest idea EVER!! And you make a beautiful Cinderella :)

Shannon said...

I love these pictures and the one of all three of you! I had forgotten that you and Brooke met at the softball games. Ha!!! What a LONG time ago!

Sunni at The Flying Mum said...

Let me tell you, my Ava, would just be tickled to sit in your (cinderella's) lap. You made some little girls so happy!