Monday, April 28, 2008

Catching Up!

My first order of business is to post a picture of my little buddy, Zach! Katie and Zach came by my office last week to hang out. I LOVE that they do that! It's such a blessing in the middle of a work day! Zach was was very active and curious. I think he wore himself out though!



Then this past weekend I went to Little Rock. It was my sister's birthday weekend so we celebrated with none other than CUPCAKES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm obsessed and it is ridiculous!


Not only did we have some of these on Friday we went and got more on Saturday. They had new flavors that we had to try. I didn't take a picture b/c I figure there are only so many cupcake pictures you want to see!

Before eating cupcakes my dad grilled out and we opened presents. I say "we" b/c I was finally able to open my first wedding present (the crock pot). My dad tried to take a picture but didn't realize you had to keep the camera in place until the flash was finished.



Josh had a present to open too!



I got him these two signs to hang in his office at church.

Then my sister opened presents!

She thought I was getting her a book...

...but got her this bag instead!

Chloe and mom didn't get any presents but we dressed Chloe up like a present.


Last night I met some friends at Market Place Grill to say goodbye to my friend Rebekah. You can read more about it here. One of the most interesting things was how attached Emily (Laurie's daughter) was to me all night. From the moment I got there she wanted me to hold her. Then she wanted to sit in my lap the whole time at dinner.


If you knew Emily you would know why this is strange. She's never taken a liking to me like that. Don't get me wrong she is so sweet but very independent. She's a mover and a shaker! I was thrilled to have her extra attention last night. I think there are two reason she was especially drawn to me. First of all...my braces! She sat in my lap and wanted to touch them. Very mesmerized by them. Second of all was this. Laurie said she shows Emily this picture and she just stares at it all the time. Laurie and I think somewhere in her little girl subconscious she knows I was Cinderella!

11 comments:

Kelly said...

Emily knows you are a princess!!!!

I could sit and stare at that picture of those cupcakes all day. Why are you doing that to me??? They look unbelievable? Scott and I will come visit you and Josh all the time if you will take us to eat cupcakes! ha!

I love the signs you got for Josh. So neat!

Caroline said...

oooooooooo yay for an update. missed you Hillary!!!!!!!! the cupcakes are amazing. the one with the strawberries is saying.."caroline....eat me ....eat me". Love the two things for his office. they are great

Heather said...

OK, I didn't eat breakfast this morning, and those cupcakes look AMAZING. I'm with Caroline about the strawberry cupcakes. YUM! I'm glad you had a great weekend, and even more glad you got to open the crockpot!!

Leigh Ann said...

I showed Derek pictures of those cupcakes, and now he talks about it all the time. We are definitely going soon. They look YUMMO!

Jennifer said...

How fun a cupcake store dedicated to cupcakes! I love it! Maybe they do mail order??? Hmmmmm

Great to read your update!

RRR said...

Those Oreo cupcakes look so good! I think I might need to do some baking this weekend!

Melissa said...

I'm glad you finally posted! :) Sounds like you had a fun, sugar filled weekend. I remember when I had my braces my niece would just want to sit and touch them and say "issa, you have braces" then when i got them off she asked me where they went! don't you love when kids are so lovey!!

Melissa said...

I think for posting all those cupcake pictures and torturing us you must send us all cupcakes!! :)

hayden said...

Very cute bag!!! I love that you're obsessed with cupcakes. I daydream of eating at this bakery called "Babycakes" in NYC...they're cupcakes are supposed to be healthy!!! Maybe we should take off work and go there :) haha

hayden said...

P.S. That's my mother-in-law's little YorkiePoo Millie. She's a mess!

Julie said...

I so want one of those cupcakes and I get hungry for a sweet every time I see them on your blog.

I love the plaques you got Josh! Very cute.