Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Lunch and Dresses

Today has been a great day! I had in my mind that I was supposed to meet Laurie and Emily for lunch on Friday. But my phone rang today around noon and Laurie was wondering where I was. I hopped in the car and was able to make it in a few minutes.


I had a great time! Not surprising because I always have a great time with them. And Emily is so cute! But let me just tell you her teeth are hilarious!!! Laurie says she looks like a cross between William Hung (sp) from American Idol several years ago and Laura Ingalls in her early years from Little House on the Prairie. Ha! She's so right! Her passy has made a show of her little white teeth! It certainly doesn't make her any less cute!


Isn't she cute?!

Then after work today I had two of my bridesmaids, my friend Shannon and roommate Holly, meet me at The Briar Patch to try on a potential bridesmaid dress. They both loved it and so I made the decision then and there that it was the one. What do you think?





TOTALLY KIDDING!!!!

Clearly that's NOT the dress I chose. I chose a rather plain but beautiful dress with different necklines so each bridesmaid can pick the one most flattering on her. I'm really excited about them!


Here's Shannon about to get measured for the dress.


Here's Holly catching us up on the latest Heidi and Spencer (The Hills) gossip.

18 comments:

Staci said...

Whoa! I was just wondering how I was going to politely comment on that dress :) Good trick! I love how each dress will be a little bit different. You'll have to post pics!!

Laurie said...

I really enjoyed our lunch! We need to do it more often. LOVE the pictures of my girl!

Leigh Ann said...

How fun. I just love Laurie. I knew her from OBU. Emily is adorable! She's my fellow LHOTP look alike! Ha! What color did you pick for your wedding. I think allowing the girls to pick their dress is such a great idea and makes it so fun for them! You are so sweet!

Kelly said...

That picture of Emily is so cute!
I love this post and the hot pink dress - you are funny!!!!!

Megan said...

Good idea to let your bridesmaids choose their neckline. That is soooo thoughtful of you! Have you found your dress?

P.S. I love The Hills! Ha ha

Hillary said...

Leigh Ann-My colors as of now are black, red, and accents of white and lime green. I know that might sound a little weird but I saw it in a magazine and loved it.
Megan-I have found my dress. I haven't bought it yet but its only a matter of time.
Everyone will be able to see pictures of the bridesmaid dresses and my dress when I post the wedding pictures in September! Oh the anticipation! :)

Melissa said...

Love the dress!! You should check out my post about the dress i picked out. Didn't you love trying on all those dresses??? I didn't think I would, but when I found the one I knew, I didn't want to take it off :)

Caroline said...

You are so funny!!!!! sadly I LOVE THE PINK THING....i am gaudy...can't help myself

Julie said...

I have to say my first thought was "Wow! That's flashy!" But it is a pretty kind of flashy.
I love your colors and the accent of lime green. I can't wait to see the pictures of it all together.

Mrs. Shelton said...

Fun, fun! I had so much fun this time last year doing all of that! How many bridesmaids do you have?

The Hickmans said...

Hey, I actually liked that dress! It is a little promish, though. I just love hot pink for a wedding, since I went to one recently and it was actually really pretty. I can't wait to see what you really picked!

Hillary said...

I'm having 7 bridesmaids. It was really hard to chose b/c I have several other friends I wish I could have had. I just decided to pick one person from each season of my life.

Jessica said...

I gasped when I saw that pink dress!! Ha!

Jennifer said...

How fun! What a perfect day! Can't wait to see what you have chosen.

RachelM said...

I think you should go for the dress! It would definitely make a statement and they could wear it again! HA!
Can't wait to see what you actually picked out!

Kelly said...

I'll vouch for Hillary that the actual dresses are really pretty! I'm very excited to wear it - just have to pick the style! ;-)
Hillary is going to be such a pretty bride!!!! I wish September was next month!

His Doorkeeper said...

I love Emily....she is such a cutie!
I laughed out loud at the bridesmaid dress.....WOW!

I tagged you over on my blog...come see!

jennyhope said...

LOL I was about to have to give you my honest opinion on the dress and I was relieved to see you kidding! LOL!! =)