Sunday, December 2, 2007

Perrilloux

This past week I finished decorating the tree, Holcombe-Faye, but I wanted to wait to photograph it until I wrapped presents to put underneath it.

Josh also decided to get into the holiday spirit so he bought a tree for his apartment. His apartment has limited space so a big tree was out of the question. After he bought it he told me I needed to come up with a name for it. I assured him I would but I needed to be inspired first. Since the names of my other trees have come about while watching sports I felt that was the only way to be inspired.

This is me being inspired while watching the SEC Championship game with Josh. The TV is above the fire place so that's why my neck looks like a turtle. And if you'll notice the Folgers can on the sofa table behind us. No, Josh and I were not jazzed on coffee. That is actually what my mother uses to store her "feed." She has a slew of ducks she feeds and a chipmunk named Alvin. Anyway, so as we were watching the game it became obvious that the name of Josh's tree would have to be Perrilloux. He was LSU's quarterback for the game. And despite some injuries and other inconveniences he still managed to lead his team to a victory. Which we were glad about because that means the HOGS are going to the Cotton Bowl.

7 comments:

Kelly said...

Your tree is beautiful and you and Josh look cute sitting on the couch. I want to see a pic of Perrilloux!

Hillary said...

His picture is up there now! I published the post before I was finished. I do that a lot! :)

Fran said...

Well, Perrilloux is quite fine!
And, how bout them Hogs??!! I've had several of my Ole Miss friends ask me how I feel about Nutt going to Oxford and I have usually said what Kelly said..."maybe he'll get a playbook larger than a napkin!"
I think that was you Kelly that said that somewhere. Ha!!

Anyway, have a wonderful Monday!
I just love Christmas!!
Hugs~
Fran

Rebekah said...

That is just hillarious...I love how yuo must be inspired...what what great a way to inspire yourself!!! You guys are cute! Howp you are doing well!

Megan said...

Beautiful trees and great names for them!

Megan said...

Will you email me your address so I can send you a Christmas card?
purrfectmeg@aol.com

RachelM said...

I love your tree and the green color of your walls! Yall are hilarious and the name of your tree is absolutely gorgeous...I think I might go name mine now...