Friday, December 14, 2007

One Year

Tomorrow, 12/15/07, is mine and Josh's one year dating anniversary. And because he is so sweet he sent me these flowers today at work. He knows my favorite flowers are tulips and they are beautiful, aren't they? I'm very thankful for my flowers and for Josh. He's great! He loves the Lord and he loves me! Does it get any better than that? I don't think so! I can't believe it's been a year already! It's been crazy and wonderful!

For those of you who don't know me I'll give you the background of how we met! Last year I had the privilege of co-leading a college girls Bible study through the BCM on the University of Arkansas campus. It was great! Taylor was one of the sweet girls in our Bible study and she had an idea! Last November she sent me an e-mail and told me she wanted to set me up with some guy named Josh. Taylor was one of the college students that worked with Josh's youth (in case you didn't know he's a youth pastor) when she attended a different university. Both Josh and I agreed to it so we began talking. We met each for the first time on December 9th and had our first date on December 15th. Since then we've been fortunate to spend almost every weekend together. Having a long distance relationship is difficult but God has blessed us!

So there you have it! There's our story so far! Stay tuned because this is only the beginning...

3 comments:

His Doorkeeper said...

Hillary, the flowers are beautiful! I love tulips!! Josh and you look so sweet together. Congratulations on one year of dating!

Kelly said...

Congrats on one year - he did VERY good on the flowers - they are beautiful!
I'm so glad Josh is the answer to a lot of prayers! :-)

Laurie said...

Hillary, that was so sweet of Josh to send you those tulips. Very pretty! Congrats on a year of dating!