Sunday, November 18, 2007

Birthdays and Donkeys

This weekend I went to Clarksville/Lamar to hang out with Josh! We had a lot of fun. On Friday he made dinner and then we went to Wal-Mart to get a few things. On Saturday we watched some football and then went to the church for a birthday party. Josh's cousin Camden had his first birthday party.

Camden opening one of Josh's presents. He loved all of the ones Josh picked out for him. He especially liked the soccer ball.

Josh and I entertaining ourselves while all the kiddos played with the toys.

After the party Josh and I went back to Wal-Mart. He had to get a few things for the church and I had spotted a coat the night before that I wanted to look at. After a lot of thought and some pros and cons I decided to buy me a coat.

Isn't it cute? Only $10! Can you believe it?!?!

After our second Wal-Mart adventure we got geared up for the big weekend event...

I don't know if y'all have been to one of these before but this was my first! A donkey basketball game? Who woulda thunk it?!? It was a fundraiser for a club at the local high school. Students and teachers take turn riding donkeys while "attempting" to play basketball. It was pretty funny. Each donkey had it's own personality and would do "tricks" to get mess with the rider. It was quite an experience.

Hahaha!

Here are the teams in action!

Putting a diaper on the donkey!

So, there you have it! Those are the highlights of my weekend. I hope you all had a great weekend yourself!

2 comments:

Kelly said...

Love the name Camden - too bad laurie won't use it.
LOVE LOVE LOVE the coat! Perfect color for you! Do they have other colors - I mean $10 - I can't pass that up!

Megan said...

Never heard of donkey basketball, but it looks interesting! I am gonna have to check that coat next time I'm at Wal-Mart.