Wednesday, October 24, 2007

I Miss the Baxter's

I'm very sad, almost depressed b/c I've been living without any sign of the Baxters for almost 3 weeks now. For a while I was spending every day with them. They were there when I woke up, they were there when I took my lunch break, they were sometimes there when I was supposed to be working and they were there when I went to sleep. I spent as much time as I possibly could with them. And then...they were gone! Here I am waiting and wondering when they'll make their way back in to my life. Word on the street is I won't see them again until 2008 but I refuse to believe that. You might be asking, "Who are the Baxter's?" Well I'll tell you! They're an incredible family full of faith and beauty who has touched my life in so many ways. They are also a fictional family created by Karen Kingsbury in her Redemption, Firstborn, and Sunrise series. OK, so I realize that's a little pathetic. I even laughed at others when they told me how attached they became to the Baxter's. I thought that would never happen to me but I was wrong! Before you pass judgement maybe you should try reading the 12 books that are currently available and see if you can keep yourself detached. It's impossible! I've been trying to read other Karen Kingsbury books in hopes to help with the loss but it just isn't the same. I want to read about Landon and Ashley, Kari and Ryan, Luke and Regan, not to mention Katie and Dayne and of course all the kiddos. I'm anxiously awaiting the release of Someday and Sunset and hoping they won't be the last.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

At first I thought this post was going to be about the Baxter twins?
You make me want to read those books!
Love the look!
Love the "about me!"

His Doorkeeper said...

I have read all of Karen Kingsbury's books. Each one is better than the other. I too love the Baxter family! I am planning to go (Lord willing) to see Karen Kingsbury in April in Branson at a Women of Faith conference.

Living to Love said...

Just to let you know before I even leave this comment I foudn you through kelly's comment on another blog. She left a comment I went to her blog and she referred us here. Funny how this blogging world works! (because I sometimes get freaked out when people I don't know comment on my blog)

I just wanted to let you know that I read the first 4 books of the Redemption series and could not believe how hooked I got! My church library did not have the others. I may have to pick it up again...but YES they are great! Also, have you read Redeeming Love by Francine Rivers ...it is INCREDIBLE!!!

Nice to meet you and welcome to bloggityville!

Tasha said...

My mother in law sent me the first 5 of the series about a month ago and I couldn't put them down!

Kelly said...

Ijust discovered the Baxter's this fall, too, and am so eager for more of their family, too!

emilymburgess said...

OH the Baxters are amazing. I am sad too. I want them to stay with us forever.